Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Well, Eren can't but maybe Annie just never wanted to talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Count me in as another one who really enjoys reading the posts in this thread. Please keep going.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
^^

The author is incredibly good at constantly foreshadowing things with the smallest actions that are hilarious with hindsight. There's a couple "oh poo poo, really?" things from season 1 that will only become relevant in like season 3 or 4 at the earliest.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, it should be said that some dude reading the manga successfully called this twist, complete with detailed analysis of why, some time shortly after Eren transformed for the first time, months and years before even the manga reached that point.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I mean, Bertholt was always one of the huge ones, but his one notable proficiency was sweating profusely...

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

I googled the seemingly most innocent of characters and found out they had bombs full of plot eventually so no, literally don't google anyone
I mean when basically-background-character Berthold turns out to be the main antagonist and poster threat of the series, people could call this kinda obvious.

Don't google. There's probably more Bertholds.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Getting more fired up just gets you kidnapped / makes you lose limbs / straight up kills you in this series so far, so i'm not sure why you thought it would somehow work after like twenty episodes of it not working

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I mean, losing an arm isn't exactly a death sentence in real life either, if you manage to staunch the blood in a reasonable time frame

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can't really operate 3DMG one-handed, so he's pretty much off the front lines for good from now on. He might stay in command, but he's probably not going to move out on missions anymore. Not much do to for a shifter, away from all the action.
Then again, we don't know what Annie was doing at the MP either, far away from all titans and conflict (or how she managed to slip out of the walls for the scouting mission).

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

here lies mikasa, she never scored

I still believe, but she's either going to have to pin Eren to the ground by force, or settle for someone else, because Eren only gets hard for titan murder

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Renoistic posted:

Best part of the episode was Armin forgetting all about his training and waving his sword around like an idiot. Also I really thought Mikasa was gonna buy the farm while saving Eren one last time. Which, although annoying, felt like something that would happen at this point of the story. I'm slightly annoyed everything worked out because of magic shonen powers. I have to give the VA credit for that yell, though. That was top tier!

Look i know it's gonna be a looong wait, but trust me, it's not magic shounen powers

They'll get to the basement eventually and the basement pays off

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Conspiratiorist posted:

Isayama is so adept at foreshadowing it's hard to believe this is his first professional work.

He's spoken of changing details here and there (including the fate of major characters and even a presumed earlier ending point for the series) based on feedback from fans and his editor, but even so the series manages to feel like everything was planned well in advance. Either he's very rigorous and measured with his writing in order to make correct determinations of what changes he can make while keeping the structure of of the story seamless whole, or he's exceptionally talented at building upon what he's already laid down.

So if you mean "should I use seemingly throwaway scenes and small details from the first season to make hypothesis about the future of the story?" the answer is very much yes.

Didn't he want to kill off Sasha pretty early on? That would have been quite a terrible loss. Hurray for adaptive writing.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mordaedil posted:

I'll leave it up to your imagination if this is an edit.

Nice

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What do titans smell like?

Blood and tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Season 3: A Talk on Titan

• Locked thread