Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh neat, someone's LPing this again. I didn't really care for the version in the archive, no offense to the previous LPer.

Not really too familiar with P3 beyond the first two movies and whatever came up in Persona Q, so it'll be neat to see where this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Looked like a genderbent Orpheus to me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Really, the anime is the best way to experience Persona 4 for so many reasons. I'll even throw episode 1 - and only episode 1 - of Golden in there for good measure.

Marie dragged that whole anime down, but I did like the two episodes that focused on the culprit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Silent characters don't really do for me unless it aids in the "multiple possibilities this person could take" aspect of the story, like the Demon Route in Soul Nomad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm glad you asked that question about the Execution Squad, because that's been bothering me for the longest time.

And I think you mixed up some screenshots around the end of the Velvet Room entry.

Kendo.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 5, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Does the Dark Hour respect Daylight Savings time?

That would actually be something really interesting to see how they handled.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, in hindsight, Sub-Persona will be your bread and butter in Persona Q. I don't think I ever used many of the built-in Persona skills for a character unless they were really good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'll say this for Persona Q: while I would not call it a great or even good game (and would have less flattering things to say about the plot), I will say it's at least not without a degree of charm or enjoyability.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What the hell is up with these teachers? :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 10, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What are you talking about? It's just an overly intrusive guy that wants to hook up with his schoolteacher because he has a thing for older women.

What could go wrong? :munch:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Did you not notice the massive creeper vibes he gives off when he talks about Yukari?

I mean he asked whether Minato had been in her room before, which carries a pretty weird connotation.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have to say, the Reaper having two ridiculously huge handguns was not what I was expecting the first time I saw this guy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The principal is as bad as the teachers, I see.

But not the school nurse, apparently. What is wrong with these people? :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 19, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

You mean Chariot, not Strength. :v:

It's perfectly sensible to continue to exacerbate an injury so that you're even more unwell for the game you're hyped for, though.

Seriously, though, is he going to stay off of his knee or is this going to get more insane? Judging by the school nurse, I fear I have my answer already.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I know it's not exclusive to Japan. I feel like I've seen something similar in some American medium, though I can't remember if it was a television show or a movie.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Elizabeth and Theodore were both in Q. I wonder what they're up to when their counterpart is in the Velvet Room.

Also, Theo is adorable. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I was going to ask why the Kirijo Group doesn't just supply them with weapons. Seems like it'd make more sense than a cop giving out katanas and greatbows because he senses something awry.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Meanwhile in Persona 4 The Animation the group just uses no weapons at all after they get busted carrying swords in an early episode and instead fight only with their personas.

That was pretty funny.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Posting the May 1st update on May 1st. :golfclap:

Edit: Wait, I'm just reading it late.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 1, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is Featherman R based on the same thing as the Elemental Hero from Yu-Gi-Oh GX?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

These Social Links are pretty horrifying, to be honest. No wonder people say Makoto is a sociopath.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That last news report, though. :stare:

The Persona universe is full of kooks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Hermit social link is certainly something.

Also, that elderly couple is precious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't think I was meant to laugh at that Heal Potion scene as hard as I did.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Makoto encouraging that guy to keep loving up his leg is really rustling my jimmies. What sense does it make to tear up your leg to tell someone else to fix theirs?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Clearly she read the game script.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wasn't there a Shadow earlier on called Cowardly Maya or something? Maybe we've been playing an MMO with a Shadow this whole time. :ohdear:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blue Labrador posted:

You know, now that it's been a long while since I last played P3, this lp made me realize Joy is a fuckin banger.

They remixed it for Persona Q as well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shut up, Junpei. Hot chocolate isn't girly. Not everyone likes coffee. :argh:

Saori is clearly less cool than Maya considering she probably never says lmaonade.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I've seen people online that talk like Bebe, minus the French accent. So I'm just imagining him as a huge weeb even though that might not be the intention of the Social Link.

Yukari is very baffling. Ghosts stories keep you awake at night, but walking onto gang turf is apparently just fine? :psyduck:

Also, Shinji is the best.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 18, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I remember this from the first movie. Though the rear end in a top hat teacher wasn't there. "I didn't want her disappearance from the face of the Earth to ruin her academic record!"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Here's an entire era of history where literally nothing happened!"

Who gave these people a license to teach?

"I have dreams about you, so we're dating now. If you see any girls, even ones that are only your friends, you're going to be punished for leveling up the mechanic that's a central part of the game!"

:yikes:

I guess bench Junpei.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Naoto's Social Link can become reversed at one point, too.

Also, apparently you can ruin your relationship with Ai so bad that it's permanent and carries over to New Game+. :psyduck:

StandardVC10 posted:

I haven't played P5 yet, but one of the few things I know about it is that, apparently, if you date all the girls, they all get together and beat the snot out of you. So that's funny.

That's awesome.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't believe Ekoda is loving dead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

I enjoyed PQ, but yeah the game balance was laughable and the plot was an obvious cash grab.

Yeah, Zen and Rei's whole plot is terrible. A last second play at emotions doesn't make good character development.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Even though I like photography, I'll go ahead and say Art!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Koromaru. :3:

I knew Christmas had pagan origin, but I only knew about All Hallow's Eve in regards to the origins of Halloween. How about that.

Tanaka, what the gently caress?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 6, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanako as well. Though, as I recall, Rise was less bad at cooking and more overboard with spices.

I forgot that Fuuka was a bad cook, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't help but feel like Fuuka was forced into this by Mitsuru. :ohdear: