Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'd say a silent protagonist probably has their merits, but I personally find that the whole thing probably works better if you're controlling a silent party rather than a silent individual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Kendo.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Persona Q is really not a good game. You didn't miss out on much.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

MythosDragon posted:

Not a chance in hell.

If you don't like Etrian Odyssey, then you are really not gonna like Persona Q since it's pretty much a worse version of that from a gameplay standpoint.

If you're getting it for the Persona aspect, it's gonna depend on your tolerance for Persona spinoff writing because a lot of the characters got reduced to one-note jokes.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Considering the super tight schedule you would have to follow in a 100% run, I'm wondering if you were just meant to pick one girl and ignore all the rest.

And yeah, that's also why the P3 protag has a questionable reputation as an enabler. In order to do most of the girl's S-Links, you have to date them. No way around that if you want 100% S-link completion.

Also, bench Junpei.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I'm a pro.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I wonder what Etrian Odyssey skill they'll overbuff this time to make the most broken skill in the game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Tae posted:

...Who defends the random aspect? Why?

The argument for that is that it makes it harder for you to pick the perfect skills, and admittedly, that was one of the aspects that broke P4G's difficulty into millions of pieces.

Though really, a tighter leash on what can inherit which skills can go a long way in dealing with that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Writers did change from P2 to P3. And yeah, it's really unfortunate at how disrespectful the new writers are at times.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

No one deserves to be hanging out with Makoto.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

rannum posted:

Now that this happens, I want to draw attention to the fact that Persona Q happens in the middle of September during the typhoon because they wanted to have the full playable cast available.
If you play on the Persona 4 side, Kanji will get a subplot with Ken where he tries to work through his issues and come to an understanding and succeeds, making Ken realize he can't hold on to grudges and i laughed and i laughed because obviously the memories of the game are going to be erased and 2 weeks later this happens.

Atlus seems to have a bizarre fixation on making all their Persona spinoffs canon for some reason.

Also:

Funky Valentine posted:

Bench Ken forever.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Bench Ken forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

That is the cruelest April Fool's joke I have ever seen.