Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
president of turkey recep tayipp erdogan is a smarmy rear end in a top hat who is trying to become dictator of turkey. if anything goes wrong for any reason, he constantly blames it on this preacher dude named fetallah gulen, who lives in exile in pennsylvania.
like if a goat farts, gulen did it. if there was a bombing it was gulen. if his wife cheats on him it was probably an agent of gulen. it's constant and it is so transparent that I find it impossible anyone would take this dumb motherfucker seriously at this point.

erdogan is also the moron who is super pissed at the netherlands (i think that's the right country) for not letting one of his flunkies campaign for his dumb new autocrat constiution and is now calling them and most of western europe nazis

tl;dr erdogan is a huge retard; why do folks believe him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

has he tried gulen free?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

That Robot posted:

trying to become dictator of turkey.

I've got bad news for you, the trying phase is over

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Wait are you honestly trying to convince people that a turkish guy is a loud angry weirdo? I dont think anybodys going to believe it but nice try

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

The Management posted:

I've got bad news for you, the trying phase is over

yes, de facto he is dictator

but he is not dictator de jure -- it's not official and he wants that

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Judging by how much of the population seems alright with him, Turkey seems like it's kind of a lost cause. Doesn't the US keep nuclear weapons there?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Ratjaculation posted:

has he tried gulen free?

hA

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
idk, why do people believe trump?

people are loving garbage

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Nice Van My Man posted:

Judging by how much of the population seems alright with him, Turkey seems like it's kind of a lost cause. Doesn't the US keep nuclear weapons there?

Not sure why it's an issue given that we also keep poo poo in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
All humans are worthless and gay

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the traitor Gulen must be stopped!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The coward Gulen has betrayed the national unity of Turkish people

the American people unite in calling for the expulsion of Gulen to justice in Turkey

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 2, 2017

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
Didn't you hear? 'Fethullah Gülen' is Turkish for "Emmanuel Goldstein".

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Goddammit you stupid hippie fuckers. Gulen didn't make you fat, it didn't give your mom cancer, and it didn't make your kid autistic. I just want to eat a goddamn sandwich without someone lecturing me on how bad gulen is for me.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
everyboddy calm. The. gently caress. Dowm.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A Turkish twitter mouthpiece somehow got an ad past listing all the western counties giving shelter to terrorists (read: people el pres doesn't like).

Like gently caress off m8 we protect whoever we drat well want

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i sincerely hoped that the coup last year would be successful because erdogan is a big ol retard

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

gulen!!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
gulen yells at me as I'm driving down the street! gulen leaves rude remarks on my youtube videos! invisible gulen touches me when I'm in the shower! gulen, gulen, gulen!!!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
why does erdogan have a "g" in his name if he's not even going to pronounce it. greedy and self-important if you ask me, hogging all the letters

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

KomodoWagon posted:

All humans are worthless and gay

The gay ones aren't useless, they'll at least suck my dick once in a while. Heteros, loving don't waste my time.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Turns out that nationalism and having an 'other' figure to hate and blame for everything is a big part of populism.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

im gulen

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm in ur base gulen ur d00dz

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

kecske posted:

im gulen

!!!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
erdogan's full name seems like a regular name, but spelled backwards.

recep tayipp erdogan

pecer ppiyat nagodre

edit: dlanod nhoj pmurt? Tell me that's not a turkish dictator's name.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the attempted coup basically gave erdogan a free hand to purge anyone he didn't like from the govt civil services and military. Turkey already had a muzzled press but I think almost all critical media organizations have been shuttered now.

their long history of secularism seems like it's not going to last much longer

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Prince Erdogran looked out across the royal city. He thought about the peasants going about thier mundane pointless lives.

"What useless trash they are!" He chuckled.

As he finished with an ecstatic thmoan, wiping his princely member and right hand on the silken window dressing he decided he would blame the fouled curtains on one of the serving boys.

That boy would need to be punished.

His member twitched eagerly.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
You're all reported for insulting Turkishness

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Flavahbeast posted:

The coward Gulen has betrayed the national unity of Turkish people

the American people unite in calling for the expulsion of Gulen to justice in Turkey

Who's forcing all of these teachers to immigrate? If Turkey's so good, why would they leave?
Also, why does Turkey kill Armenians?
And why does Turkey provide lethal aid and military support to IS (by directly arming them, and by killing YPG counter-terrorists) ?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Erdogan is a piece of poo poo and turkey in general is a country full of fucktards, I used to kinda like turks but recently they've proven again and again what a shitbird country they really are.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I heard that dude loves nothing more than a thick juicy cock in his throat

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

JiveHonky posted:

everyboddy calm. The. gently caress. Dowm.

We need to ban all Gulens from entering the country until we figure this out.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I heard that dude loves nothing more than a thick juicy cock in his throat

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
this just in, erdogan chucks cocks down at the railway station for small change

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the dude who made this got a one year (suspended) jail sentence and lost parental custody of his kids for insulting the president. not even joking.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

there's no foolin' the gulen

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
thanks obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://medium.com/@15thJulyCoup/who-was-behind-the-15th-july-coup-in-turkey-19f75a5771c5

^^Read this

• Locked thread