Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

While that source is clearly biased as all hell, I do wonder maybe it is also true to an extent? Could it be that islamist cult leader Gulen tried to take over Turkey and turn it into a fundamentalist islamist state, failed, and thus put more power into the hands of fundamentalist islamist clown Erdogan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Zidrooner posted:

Could it be that islamist cult leader Gulen tried to take over Turkey and turn it into a fundamentalist islamist state, failed, and thus put more power into the hands of fundamentalist islamist clown Erdogan?
Gulen and Erdogan worked together to expand the influence of political Islam in Turkey, they just couldn't share power afterwards

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Prude posted:

lol the president of turkey could very well be a D&D poster :smugdog:

Judging by the mideast thread DND pretty much universally despises Erdogan. I think even Trump is more popular than Erdogan at this point

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

That Robot posted:

erdogan is a huge retard

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Flavahbeast posted:

Judging by the mideast thread DND pretty much universally despises Erdogan. I think even Trump is more popular than Erdogan at this point

Hm so Erdogan must be pretty ok is what you're saying?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hm so Erdogan must be pretty ok is what you're saying?

Yes exactly

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/foreign-policy/305021-our-ally-turkey-is-in-crisis-and-needs-our-support

Obama and Hillary made common cause with anti -Turkish communists in Syria, total lunacy!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

This is one turkey we should NOT pardon

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
you know, he makes some good points, but i still think it's the kurds behind the bad things. maybe the zionists...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Father Erdoğan will lead the Turks, the Strongest and Wisest of the peoples of the Earth, back to their rightful place as a great nation and a champion of the Ummah.

even now his soldiers are on the march.

next year, in Vienna.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
bring back the Latin Empire.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

uber_stoat posted:

Father Erdoğan will lead the Turks, the Strongest and Wisest of the peoples of the Earth, back to their rightful place as a great nation and a champion of the Ummah.

even now his soldiers are on the march.

next year, in Vienna.

The ur-redditor

"u mad kiddy?! "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsD-u_vrCnc

Türkiye

• Locked thread