Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Longbaugh01 posted:

I honestly didn't realize the level of Chuck-hate until I read this thread since I only just recently binged the show, and while I totally understand, holy gently caress does Michael McKean act the poo poo out of it. I've never seen him in anything as serious as this and he is great.

He's a great villain but I remember reading the season 2 thread and I think SA hates Chuck 100x more than the rest of the world combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Luckily I got a sneak peek at episode 2 and the first 15 minutes is Mike explaining the plan to a confused Gus

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Paying attention is really hard you guys.

Maybe it's the weird people that post while they watch

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you moved the camera just slightly to the right in Saul's Breaking Bad scenes you'd see that Kim/Howard/Chuck/Ernesto/the Kettlemans were all standing just out of frame and he was still dealing with them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kim falls pretty far after the events of BCS

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it makes for a more powerful villain if the chicken is bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

I am totally fine with never seeing Jesse Pinkman or Walter White in this series.

I mean there might have been a period inbetween BCS and Breaking Bad where Walt was a...ketamine? kingpin

we don't know

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I was Gus and Mike told me his strange plan I would probably go into box cutter mode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been hoping for a Hamlin/Nacho sex scene but it's looking less likely every episode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did the police know Saul was involved with Walt? Would he be a big enough deal for his picture be all over the news like 'hey this guy was that meth kingpin's lawyer/accomplice'

Man it's been too long since I saw BB, I've forgotten a ton of stuff

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't think you could do a Gus show, the character wouldn't really work as a lead without major changes.

What about if he's walking around with half his face melted off

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if Jimmy specifically asks his film student buddies to make the ads look as tacky as possible

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Just have Matt Damon play him

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Better Call Saul should be live/daily/completely improvised

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man who writes these garbage recaps

that's better

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The chuck hate in this thread is especially weird in this episode where he's just trying to get his life back together

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What would Saul need to do for the thread to turn on him

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can you really be pissed at your lawyer for getting into a car crash

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Data Graham posted:

If they're going to make Saul from the protagonist into the villain of his own show in much the same way they did with Walt, they're going to have to raise up a new protag to take his place in our hearts, the way they did with Jesse.

Is it going to be Chuck, Hamlin, or Kim?

Nacho should start working in the HHM mailroom imo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's possible Irene caused the crash because she was so distraught with the Jimmy situation that she couldn't focus on her part time job as an Alberquerqe traffic engineer

we don't know

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

We already got that scene with mike drilling chuck

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Puppet posted:

That finale left me wondering: What are they gonna do with Howard? If Chuck really died, all that ties Howard to the other characters was cut. His last scene with Kim didn't suggest any relevant contact between them anytime soon, the Mesa Verde situation is stable, so is the Sandpiper one. They have to bring him back somehow, since he's one of the main characters of the series. Maybe he'll find out about Jimmy ratting out Chuck's trial rant and try to bring him and/or Kim down somehow, although I don't really see him as a vindictive person, he seems just satisfied that all that poo poo is over.

I guess there's the money he was going to pay Chuck if they wanna do something with Jimmy trying to get his hands on that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Konstantin posted:

I have to wonder if Chuck had a will. Somebody is getting a chunk of HHM, and if there isn't a will then Jimmy is the heir. I would think he would have a will since he's a lawyer with significant assets. However, he has a huge ego and may have considered it an admission of weakness to admit that he could possibly die.

Season 4 - The Adventures of Hamlin Hamlin Goodman

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Veshpo posted:

Are we sure Chuck is dead? I think he should be dead- the character has reached his logical conclusion and it's going to be really hard to have him survive in a way that doesn't feel cheap logically or emotionally. That said, years of tv training have taught me that if we don't see someone 100% dead, they're 100% alive, and the writers are still playing coy in interviews.

https://twitter.com/MJMcKean/status/877228383838642177

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ornithology posted:

Do you guys also get super pissed off when there's a message saying no animals were hurt during the filming of the episode? Holy crap the sperging in this thread is on another level.

I think it was just the one guy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

echronorian posted:

It's not getting renewed

Could someone give me that number again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The really cruel thing is that people with Chuck's condition can't watch the show

• Locked thread