Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mm yes I do still hate Chuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WOW NO HESITATION HERE WE FUCKIN GO

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha well this show's set in like 2002 isn't it?

While true, my old job was using XP as recently as 2015

It will never die

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao this is loving genius

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think in Mike's position I probably could've thought of most of this scheme...

But I'd never have come up with the idea of draining the battery while still giving out a signal so that it doesn't abruptly end and give it away.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao fuckin Chuck

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm so glad they put the effort in to even bring back minor characters like the doctor who saved Gus and Mike after the cartel murders

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good dog

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zohn posted:

I assume based on the opening that Gus has been surveiling their gun dropoff point long enough to notice that Hector's goons use the shoes as a waypoint and park underneath it Everytime.

The shoes in the opening were the same shoes Mike threw up there, a long time later. Note that the truck was also a Los Pollos Hermanos truck, rather than Hector's truck as this was taking place after Gus had taken over their route.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Basically exactly what Chuck said about the fact that this isn't a court so evidence rules are different is what's going to bite him in the rear end. Going to trial and using the "Discredit Chuck" strategy would've been a losing proposition because it doesn't change the facts of what Jimmy did being illegal. But at a disciplinary hearing it's not a matter of law, it's up to the discretion of the other lawyers hearing the case. So now demonstrating that Chuck is insane and vindictive has a real chance of success.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Whatever you may think the title of the show implies, in effect this has been a show about both Saul and Mike for 3 seasons now. They are not going to ease up on the Mike plotlines and I'm glad because they're great.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Justin Credible posted:

Am I the only one to notice he was THE doctor? The one that takes care of them after the Eladio fallout in Mexico?

I suspect that the numerous other people who posted about might have caught on to that little detail

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

clown shoes posted:

I just went back to check, Chuck messed up the bank branch address during his meltdown.

Yup that was great.

This episode was beautiful. By halfway through we had all of the pieces set up, but seeing it go down in the final moments was just glorious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Astro7x posted:

So was the "bingo" moment from last week that they knew Chuck wanted to play the tape, so they could use the defense of entrapment which Kim and Jimmy wouldn't normally be able to do?

The single last thing Jimmy and Kim wanted was for the hearing to focus on the break in and nothing else. They're ONLY out was what Jimmy did - getting Chuck to lose it on the stand. And that required the playing of the tape so that the background of the whole incident would be gone into, requiring Chuck to testify. By trying to suppress it they were guaranteeing that there was no way Chuck would stand for not playing it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm really wanting another Gene bit because he collapsed in the last one which a couple weeks ago. Was it just stress? Did he a have a stroke? Don't leave me hanging! :ohdear:

He's developed electrosensitivity :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

God, watching this meltdown is great the second time too :allears:

HE DEFECATED INTO A SUN ROOF

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Krazy 8, as I live and breathe

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zebulon posted:

God drat.

Poor Krazy 8.

Well hey at least in ~6 years he uh... hasn't moved up in the ranks at all and then gets murdered by a school teacher with cancer

Alright yeah poor Krazy 8

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chuck burned that bridge lady

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unrelated to anything but I just realized based on the opening credits (and some hasty googling) that Gus's dead partner Max Arciniega is named after Krazy 8's actor. That's a years old little joke that I always missed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This montage rules

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's coming folks

This is the episode

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OMG

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It does seem like it's a bit early to get started on the super lab considering that they were just finalizing the process in season 3 of BB which is a long time from now. But we'll see how it goes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Well they had to construct an entire (secret) underground facility.

True! I'm not saying it's impossible for it to take the whole time, I just wouldn't have expected it to get underway already.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Better be careful Hector you're gonna give yourself a stroke or something

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BETTER

CALL

SAUL

uh I mean

CALL ME NOW

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

Gus and his 'partner' made meth well before Gale and Walt ever came into the picture, so buying the laundry facility now makes some sense. The biggest issue is how that gets up and running successfully enough to get Gus' partner killed before Hector has a debilitating stroke (which is looking more imminent). I trust Gilligan and co. to make it work, though.

These joke posts are getting ridiculous! I know it's hilarious to pretend to be confused by simple things like timelines but this one is straining credibility.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We also have some evidence that Nacho (with at least the knowledge and possibly the assistance of Saul/Jimmy) is gonna do something that the Cartel would want to kill him for.

In Breaking Bad when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul he thinks it's the cartel and says "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah there isn't some mystery. Lydia goes to Mike first because he's actually the one of Gus's people she does trust. But when he won't play ball she hires a different guy because if she's gonna start killing, Mike has to go too. Mike didn't hate her until she did that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

Not gonna lie, I now really want a conversation between Gus and Pryce.

Oh god it would be hilarious

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm very concerned now about how the whole "switch the pills back" part of the plan is gonna go. When I imagined it earlier I was picturing that the swap would be much easier if he had a similar pill bottle. It does make sense that he didn't have access to one that would fool Hector and he wanted to get the pill count right, but it means it's going to be a lot harder than I thought it would be to make the second switch. He has no idea the circumstances Hector will be in when it happens or if he'll have any opportunity to spend the somewhat lengthy amount of time required to swap unnoticed. Watch out Nacho :ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saul owns and I hope he eventually finds happiness post-Gene

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

some guy on the bus posted:

I could see stopping at Season 1 or before you get to Saul and Gus. I had to convince my friends to continue there. But stopping after you get to Saul, Gus, and Mike, and after seeing Walt let Jane die seems unimaginable.

I did just this actually. Season 1 didn't grab me and then Season 2 had some good stuff but I didn't feel like continuing. I came around eventually and gave it another try, but I still feel like it's 3 onwards where the show goes from good to great. You don't get deep into the Gus and Mike stuff till season 3. I did like Saul a lot but he wasn't enough at the time to keep me going.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hm yes that sure is a lantern

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Get 'im Hamlin :twisted:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lotus circle posted:

Howard is really the best.

He's made it hard sometimes, but I like him

Regy Rusty