Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I can't help but think it's significant that the prosecutor asked about Jimmy helping Chuck to survive, to which Chuck assured her that he now has an employee from the firm handling that. However, at that point he had already fired Ernesto from HHM, which seems more than a little sketchy, unless he wants to involve poor Ernie even further by stating that he fired him for spilling the beans about the tape to Jimmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Ditocoaf posted:

For Mike's thing, I can definitely see him wanting to stay out of things, and I can see him wanting to keep Nacho or Playuh from making bad decisions, but I'm not sure how what's-her-name's story flipped him from one to the other.

snoremac posted:

Maybe I'm just trained by TV shows to think a bit player's anecdote is designed to motivate a character, but I have no idea how the hiking lady's story convinced Mike to help that guy with Nacho.

Mike met her, and they had a nice connection.
Mike was visited by Playuh, who told him that Nacho was in the market for empty nitro capsules.
Mike immediately cottoned on that Nacho will use them to hit Hector.
Mike, not wanting to deal with Playuh and having been dissuaded from anti-Hector action by Gus, washes his hands of the matter.
Mike goes to the support group, learns that her husband died mysteriously and she has carried that burden for nearly a decade of intense suffering.
Putting a human face to the pain renews and intensifies Mike's animus towards Hector for the murder of the good samaritan (and, to a lesser extent, the driver of the truck)
Mike decides that he wants Hector dead again, after all.
If it's gonna happen, he's gonna make sure Nacho does it right.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Yeah, Mike's the only one who knows that Nacho isn't on board with Hector. And as far as Gus is concerned, Mike checked Nacho's gas cap for a tracker and didn't find one, so presumably he feels like he can help make this happen with no blowback

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
He does slip some from the till in the flashback. I think that the implication is that Chuck thinks it was solely Jimmy, but their dad was a gullible mark who was getting fleeced left and right, so Jimmy just got in on it.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I don't know if he's going to poison him, so much as just replace the nitroglycerin with something useless. Without the nitro, Hector's heart problem will cause an ischemic stroke. You guys realize that the heart and brain are connected, right?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

Like they have a spiritual bond?

Yes. If the heart starts to falter, the brain is too depressed to go on

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Takes No Damage posted:

That is exactly what happened. Walt knew Saul was in contact with Andrea making money drops for Jesse, so he gave Saul a Lilly of the Valley-laced sucker to give to Brock. He told Saul it would just make him 'a little sick' and Saul was pissed that instead it put him in the ICU.

edit: Remember when that one BB thread poster was so sure it WASN'T Lilly of the Valley that he toxxed himself to never post in a BB thread again if it turned out to be the case? Never saw that dude again. Good times...

That was me, actually, and I never did, but I'm here on a technicality. I still think that was a ridiculous leap, but I've made peace with it. (My argument was that there was zero way that Walt could have done the poisoning, save for having Saul do it, and Saul wouldn't do that, which I actually believe even more during the run of this show)

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Yes, a car crash is a totally valid reason to miss a meeting. However, when you're a single-person practice, and you assure your big clients that "yes, I can do this." and then you work yourself to exhaustion and get into a very-obviously-fatigue-induced single-car crash, it's gonna make your clients reevaluate the single lawyer strategy.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I hate the loving word "protagonist". it's like everyone learned what it meant because of the Hunger Games reviewsand now people won't stop using it whenever it is slightly usable.

Do you mean perhaps that they learned it in american public middle school

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
All they would've had to do was drive down to Edinburg, Texas, where there is still an active Blockbuster.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/One-of-the-country-s-last-remaining-Blockbuster-9242278.php

ALFbrot fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Holy crap, I really thought that was Bob Odenkirk.

:stare:

• Locked thread