Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

genesplicer posted:

And I think that would be the issue. Most of these threads degenerate rapidly from creative to unfunny really fast. Long ago, I used to spend a lot of time at Fark.com. Every single thread ended up with some stupid Admiral Ackbar "It's a trap!" meme showing up over and over. It got tired really fast.

New, different, and creative are great. Same old poo poo over and over, combined with a bunch of whiny bitching, will kill a thread quickly. I have nothing against Krusty. What I do have a problem with is the fact that Krusty was stuck all over the place, in threads where it had no relevance at all, for no reason. When we cracked down, some goons decided that they should be able to do whatever they chose, despite the annoyance it caused to others, and that Krusty could be used as a (fairly stupid and lovely) tool of civil disobedience.

This is absolutely nothing new. Some goons are acting as if we have never banned an image before. Over the years here, we have had many images that have done the same thing. Some of you might remember Fiestacat...

Once again, creativity is great. But posting an image over and over, to the annoyance of many goons (not just the mods), just for the sake of being a dick, is being a dick. And remember the rule: "Don't be a dick."

Not me, I'm only 54. :colbert:

But thSn how does this explain why the containment zone which had content creation and didn't bother others was closed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1fVQGESUTo&t=25s

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i was riding high on a wave of euphoria exchanging knowing smiles and nods with my forum mates that the krust would not and could not be busted

but then one day everything changed.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

genesplicer posted:

This is absolutely nothing new. Some goons are acting as if we have never banned an image before. Over the years here, we have had many images that have done the same thing. Some of you might remember Fiestacat...

Do I ever?!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

i can't put m y finger on it but something might be happening in this thread. hopefully someone finds out what that is

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
rolling out classic banned images

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

genesplicer posted:

And I think that would be the issue. Most of these threads degenerate rapidly from creative to unfunny really fast. Long ago, I used to spend a lot of time at Fark.com. Every single thread ended up with some stupid Admiral Ackbar "It's a trap!" meme showing up over and over. It got tired really fast.

New, different, and creative are great. Same old poo poo over and over, combined with a bunch of whiny bitching, will kill a thread quickly. I have nothing against Krusty. What I do have a problem with is the fact that Krusty was stuck all over the place, in threads where it had no relevance at all, for no reason. When we cracked down, some goons decided that they should be able to do whatever they chose, despite the annoyance it caused to others, and that Krusty could be used as a (fairly stupid and lovely) tool of civil disobedience.

Once again, creativity is great. But posting an image over and over, to the annoyance of many goons (not just the mods), just for the sake of being a dick, is being a dick. And remember the rule: "Don't be a dick."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
The progression of art is a katamari ball. Sad to see beautiful shoots ripped out before the flowers can bloom

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

That is clearly not a cat...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Someone post the epuc maddox gif that says "civil disobedience is still disobedience"

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Stuff that's been run into the ground deserves to be banned imo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hardawn posted:

The progression of art is a katamari ball. Sad to see beautiful shoots ripped out before the flowers can bloom

Graffiti is never art and i don't care how long it took you, we're painting over your "mural"

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
For the love of god, shut the gently caress up

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:rip: to my all GBS friends who were killed in the recent purge

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Squashing Machine posted:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Reported for backseat modding

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I'm glad the basement crew purge is finally happening, maybe people will finally stop posting like it's 2-for-1 cough syrup day at the walgreens

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Graffiti is never art and i don't care how long it took you, we're painting over your "mural"

Hold on tightly, let go lightly

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I never heard of this crew thing

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

genesplicer posted:

Keep it up my man because seeing (USER WAS PUT ON PROBABTION FOR THIS POST) after a krust is funnier than most krusts imo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ROFL Octopus posted:

Keep it up my man because seeing (USER WAS PUT ON PROBABTION FOR THIS POST) after a krust is funnier than most krusts imo

Ok, i have to agree with this

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

I'm glad the basement crew purge is finally happening, maybe people will finally stop posting like it's 2-for-1 cough syrup day at the walgreens

you're the first 05 i've ever seen who should probably introduce himself before his posts

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

extra stout posted:

you're the first 05 i've ever seen who should probably introduce himself before his posts

Come on man, he's the world famous rear end replacer. Two days ago he gave me a sweet deal on a gently used 2016 Brazilian Bubble that I'm having installed next week.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

ROFL Octopus posted:

that is a strong part of the appeal, yes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

maybe people will finally stop posting

the forums endgame...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

that is a strong part of the appeal, yes

oh hello again

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hi

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
gently caress off

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

welcome back :roboluv:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Psycho Society posted:

gently caress off

v rude imo

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

the forums endgame...

Here's to the fools that dream

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

ROFL Octopus posted:

True. I still love the original image, though. Same with all the off-model Simpsons faces.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I don't think people should be banned for jokes, but if the banning is itself a joke...

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Gonna admit it: Krust got a smile out of me the first 100 times I saw it.

RIP Krust.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You'd think the people that felt strongly about the krust meme would continue to post it in defiance but apparently they were all cowed into submission by a couple of probations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You'd think the people that felt strongly about the krust meme would continue to post it in defiance but apparently they were all cowed into submission by a couple of probations.

uh, they've been posting in this thread

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

genesplicer posted:

I used to spend a lot of time at Fark.com.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The GBS guys love to talk about the good ol' days of 9/11 photoshops or Cliff Yablonsky or whatever while conveniently forgetting how militantly policed memes were.

• Locked thread