Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Bo-Pepper posted:

Some pots and pans I have:

Le Creuset enameled dutch oven (8qt)
Le Creuset enameled skillet (6 1/3")
Lodge cast iron (12")
Lodge carbon steel pan (12")
T-Fal teflon pan (12")
All-Clad sauce pan (3qt)

It's nice :smug:

how do you have the time to live an exciting life with friends and family with all those memes in your kitchen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bo-Pepper posted:

The dutch oven was a wedding present and the skillet I bought at an estate sale because I'm an old man.

Whats the best estate sale locating strategy? I want to hit them up but it seems to largely be just driving around on a Saturday and getting lucky.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

Patware posted:

how do you have the time to live an exciting life with friends and family with all those memes in your kitchen

My wife loves my Spaghetti and (Mr. T Ate My) Meatballs

1500quidporsche posted:

Whats the best estate sale locating strategy? I want to hit them up but it seems to largely be just driving around on a Saturday and getting lucky.

https://www.estatesales.net/

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

1500quidporsche posted:

Find a neighbor with some good stuff, then kill him

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Bo-Pepper posted:

Some pots and pans I have:

Le Creuset enameled dutch oven (8qt)
Le Creuset enameled skillet (6 1/3")
Lodge cast iron (12")
Lodge carbon steel pan (12")
T-Fal teflon pan (12")
All-Clad sauce pan (3qt)

It's nice :smug:

I have one of these single production run bad boys from the glory days of Woot. :smug:

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
My BBQ is cast iron and I sometimes use a cast iron pan to cook on a fire. But thats outside man. Im not bringing an inconvenient bullshit hunk of metal into my modern kitchen. The marginal improvement in taste is not worth the inconvenience.

I cook bacon and eggs in the morning in a zombie like trance using either stone or teflon pan on a glass stove indoors in 5 minutes and then sit down to eat with my girlfriend while, get this, a robot washes my dishes.

Im already on second base while you retards are performing the cast iron cleaning ritual while hummimg a polish folk song you learned off your grandma.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I just wipe my cast iron out with a paper towel my dude. Takes like 10 seconds.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my cookware is made of pure meteoric iron and obsidian and is blessed by the council of High Priests.

too bad I can't cook anything more complicated than rice and beans.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

All of the extra care I hear about that makes people not want cast iron baffles me. It's like hearing "I won't own a car made in the year 1998 because it will spontaneously combust if you don't rub the paint down with bull semen once a month".

It's not any more special than any other cookware, but gently caress, all you have to do is cook in it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm abusive to my pans so I'd go through a non-stick pan like every 2 years and that seemed wasteful and expensive. Clean up is a touch more work with my cast iron but I've never had problems with things tasting like previous things.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

All of the extra care I hear about that makes people not want cast iron baffles me. It's like hearing "I won't own a car made in the year 1998 because it will spontaneously combust if you don't rub the paint down with bull semen once a month".

It's not any more special than any other cookware, but gently caress, all you have to do is cook in it.

To continue the car analogy, why would anyone buy a stick over an automatic transmission these days for daily use?

Just watch. Here come the retard goons who will argue why stick is actually easier and so much better, and how everyone else is so wrong.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stick is fun if you don't drive in nut to butt traffic?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SBJ posted:

My BBQ is cast iron and I sometimes use a cast iron pan to cook on a fire. But thats outside man. Im not bringing an inconvenient bullshit hunk of metal into my modern kitchen. The marginal improvement in taste is not worth the inconvenience.

I cook bacon and eggs in the morning in a zombie like trance using either stone or teflon pan on a glass stove indoors in 5 minutes and then sit down to eat with my girlfriend while, get this, a robot washes my dishes.

Im already on second base while you retards are performing the cast iron cleaning ritual while hummimg a polish folk song you learned off your grandma.

We know your opinion re: the cast iron pan issue. Why don't you go spend some time with your friends and family?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SBJ posted:

To continue the car analogy, why would anyone buy a stick over an automatic transmission these days for daily use?

Just watch. Here come the retard goons who will argue why stick is actually easier and so much better, and how everyone else is so wrong.

An automatic is like a microwave. A stick shift is like cast iron.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

We know your opinion re: the cast iron pan issue. Why don't you go spend some time with your friends and family?

Without me this thread would close as soon as antiques roadshow came on and all the goons rushed to their TV's to marvel at a pig iron WWII pan while smoking a long pipe like gandalf.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SBJ posted:

Without me this thread would close as soon as antiques roadshow came on and all the goons rushed to their TV's to marvel at a pig iron WWII pan while smoking a long pipe like gandalf.

What's ur opinion on steak sauce

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

tell is what :yarg: YOUR GIRLFRIEND :yarg: thinks about a strong man with a strong pan

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

KakerMix posted:

Ketchup's pretty good.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please, all, buy the pans that you are happy with and cook in peace

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mirthless posted:

look at the bottom of your non-stick pan

do you see a scratch?

throw your non-stick pan in the garbage because it's broken

stainless steel is indestructible but everything sticks to it. carbon steel is indestructible but it's exactly as much of a pain in the rear end to maintain as cast iron.

matter can neither be created nor destroyed, fuccboi

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Golly gee how will I ever have any spare time if I wipe out a pan with a paper towel after use? And that weight! It's barbaric!

*throws up noodley computer-toucher arms and runs off like Kermit the frog*

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SBJ posted:

I'm going to go hang out with your friends and family instead and cook them delicious burgers in my pan while you selflessly save this thread. It's very kind of you to do that.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
just call me dr pan gloss

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SBJ posted:

Antiques Roadshow is one of my favorite shows but the idea of keeping that kind of poo poo in your home just because it holds value just smacks of somebody who is insecure who needs to brag about something, much like the cast iron pan people.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rated thread a 5 for reminding me Antiques Roadshow was a thing

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Patware posted:

tell is what :yarg: YOUR GIRLFRIEND :yarg: thinks about a strong man with a strong pan

Look we all need companionship. I choose a woman and you choose to jizz directly onto a sizzling hot cast iron pan.

After all, its easy to clean right?

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

KakerMix posted:

Generally no sauce but sometimes A1 or gravy.

e: funniest thing in this thread is how the cast iron people keep reducing the time and effort required to clean and maintain it on every page.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Yo cast iron pan is wack, too much effort bro. I just slam down a bitch pan on the oval office stove and gently caress around some eggs until motherbitching breakfast is ready

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yall motherfuckers made these Ramsay eggs?

https://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

salt shakeup posted:

Yo cast iron pan is wack, too much effort bro. I just slam down a bitch pan on the oval office stove and gently caress around some eggs until motherbitching breakfast is ready

My friends and family CANNOT loving BELIEVE all of the extra time I have to spend with them!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

satanic splash-back posted:

I don't even know why you'd ruin your food by cooking on a stove. Open fire + wood spit is where its at.

Look at this pleb.
Lol if you actually cook your flesh before consuming it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Ironically, steak sauce is not meant for the steak, but for the thick cut french fries which accompany the steak.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

this thread is 8 pages long

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

this thread is 8 pages long

Thanks

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

sbJ your family and friends called theyre worried about your whereabouts

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Thirsty Girl posted:

sbJ your family and friends called theyre worried about your whereabouts

Sorry, tell them im cleaning all my cast iron poo poo

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

uber_stoat posted:

Ironically, steak sauce is not meant for the steak, but for the thick cut french fries which accompany the steak.

Ketchup is good on steak. :munch:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Ketchup is good on steak. :munch:

Milk steak maybe

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

what's the consensus is iron good or bad or do we need to argue for a few hundred more pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

It's good and not as hard to maintain as loving foodspergs make it out to be.

• Locked thread