Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe he can be a hall of famer there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Best undrafted qb ever?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yeah I forgot about moon but it's hard to consider him a real undrafted free agent. He wasn't exactly under the radar. Warner is probably the best with that in mind.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sataere posted:

I have always found that logic inherently flawed. The value of the future pick should be based on the strength of the draft class. If I trade for a future second round pick and that class has 60 players projected to have a first round grade, is that pick really only worth a third?

The top 60 a year before the draft looks completely different than it does on draft day. It's a crapshoot to be like oh yeah the draft two years from now looks really deep.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

Wasn't Wentz only a 2 year starter because he missed a year due to injury? Also he had a whole bunch of wins but I don't think he hit ~*23*~.

He hit like 2. Them little exhibition shits he was playing at in bumfuck Dakota don't count.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How are you gonna earn an mvp award if you couldn't even earn a d1 scholarship

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

For what it's worth an MSU athletic coordinator buddy of mine said it was a smear campaign so :shrug:

Watch him get beat out by EJ lol

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Doesn't Seattle mostly run man to man? The only way you make that transition is if you're used to playing zone.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

he hadnt been thrown at in years because the rest of the team was such trash.

its probable that hed been off that ledge for a while.

He kind of had a hit or miss year or two right before he left. He'd play lights out against his targets one week, then get lit up by Henne and Hartline the next. He got injured quite a few times too. He was always nursing something. I suppose the writing was on the wall, but throwing him in zone coverage didn't help him out much.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I loved Richard for that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's an incredibly Raiders thing to be proud of a dude getting ejected from a game for getting frustrated about not being as good as their opponent

You took your wins where you could get them in those days

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Bears love people who gave up on the Panthers, apparently

No poo poo. Muhsin, Peppers, Fox, Clausen.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

Carson Palmer hasn't aged at all

Now lets compare knee x rays

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

Rams/Chargers in the pre-season opener baby :w00t:

What the poo poo kind of hall of fame game is that

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Friend of mine and I are in an argument. Peterson or Tomlinson if you could draft them this year? It has to be Tomlinson right?

100% dependent on what offense you'd want to run.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

I forgot that we're losing out beat writers in the move to Las Vegas. We're getting something called Michael Gehlkin

Omfg what's going to happen to Romanowski and Lorenzo neal on csn?! They're coming to Vegas, right?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Strength of schedule ratings are meaningless at this point

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We lost to the Chiefs because they were better than us, but the clock is ticking and our time is nigh

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to the kc game this year. If you want to knife fight hmu

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chromatic posted:

Like, if the Chiefs could get a QB just a little better than Alex Smith when he finally bites it then we'll still be better. As it stands now, with the exception of QB, KC has more talent on both sides of the ball and probably more depth. Not to mention an objectively better coaching staff.

GAYFORMAHOMESGAYFORMAHOMESGAYFORMAHOMES

If we got a pro bowl QB is a nice fantasy for a lot of teams. And discounting QB the Raiders have a way better offense. You've got Kelce and not much else. Defense tho, yeah probs.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ben Coates wasn't as good as Chmura

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Saints should be Ricky Williams lol

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Patriots biggest bust is probably Darryl Stingley.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Sam Hurd was the biggest bust.

Noice

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

How are you so bad at quarterbacks

Can't lose if you don't play

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Was Aaron Curry just a trash player in Seattle or was it the injuries that did him in? When he went to Oakland there was talk about him not being able to learn the playbook, but it didn't matter because his knees were a loving disaster by that point.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sharknado slashfic posted:

^^^ this is basically volkerball in the Middle East thread

Hahaha

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

poo poo I'll take that mother fucker

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/854028909704302593

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

It may be a signifier of longevity, but it signals poor backups/depth as much as consistency, and it also signals never being on a team that could rest its starters for the playoffs. It's neat, but I think it's in the same area of accomplishments as carries for a running back.

games started is also not great, for similar reasons.

O lineman are the last to get rested, and great ones are expected to play every snap, regardless of depth. It's really impressive. Thomas will probably be first ballot.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

whiteyfats posted:

Why does Boston have such low self-esteem? Being in the shadow of NYC can't be that bad.

Cause they got dunked on by a teenager bleeding out in a boat

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
God they pick the most boring teams

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He bailed because he's too bitchmade to stand up for his own beliefs. Probably sent Trump an email apologizing.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

Good news: Every edgelord in boston gets to re-use their Aaron Hernandez costume by tying a bedsheet around their neck this year.

They're also dusting off the old tight end in prison jokes

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If neck is tied how breathe is formed

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

Stop siding with ownership and management

Mark is the most proletarian owner.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The guy providing Vegas tax payers a service?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

I just saw a picture of Trump holding up a Patriots jersey with a TRUMP nameplate with Kraft and five Lombardis in the background

My vision is blurring

My arm is disappearing like in back to the future

If you would've shown me that picture right after the tuck rule game, I would've hernandez'd on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/854771643477929984

• Locked thread