Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Volkerball posted:

Maybe he can be a hall of famer there

They should just show a highlight reel from his 2011 season to make sure it will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
How many picks would the Texans give for Tom Brady, given that they are basically the Patriots retirement home.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
This is so amazing

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/04/tom-brady-super-bowl-jerseys-fbi-tip-iteam-exclusive/

When they make the Brady movie, this absolutely needs to be a major plot line or even a spin off.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
How many elite CBs have successfully transitioned into a FS role after they stopped being elite CBs?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Shangri-Law School posted:

Are we talking about Jerome Bettis?

:smith:

This seems outdated, the Patriots have 5 Super Bowl wins.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
You would think that a QB who earns more than 20mil per year would not need to scam collectors for a few thousand dollar per year.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/854387810991837184

The gently caress?

Edit: *breath* in Bill we trust

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

The funny thing is GC is more of a Patriots propaganda mouthpiece than sites with names like Pats Pulpit, but he's had a random hate of Mike Gillislee all offseason. :iiam:

I kinda shocked how much Bill is spending on RBs this year, but he is the genius and probably knows best.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/854390523859259393

He has now restructured his contract three years in a row to get less money.

Just like all said all off season. He gets to make more videos with Edelman that way.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

waah posted:

So do the Pats finally get comp picks for Hernandez now or what?

Not sure how the suicide plays into the grievance hearing, but it's only about ~4m cap space.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
I predicted Brady would pull this trick in month ago, when he said that he "might not be able to go" because of "family matters".

Edit: oh it seems in the eternal battle between TFF and D&D over whose Avatar I have TFF is again in power. I guess I have to go to the I/P thread soonish :D

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/855626715707650048

Note: The weird zoom on Belichick's GF near the end, like "why is she this important?"

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What the gently caress? They've been to the White House 5 times. How does that make it their first tour?

On the Patriots Newspaper podcast (PFW in Progress) one of the writers (they all mock Trump and his sport radio supporters routinely) explained that they got a lot more access than the previous visits, not just to the White House but also Capitol and a White House staffer supposedly told him that the treatment the Patriots got was really extraordinary.

I guess it's because Trump is a close friend of Robert Kraft and a Patriots fan, in contrast to previous presidents who had other interests and viewed the visit by the super bowl winner just as another PR opportunity.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
So Brady told Best Buddies "yo, I need to raise funds for my own charitable foundation. I know we have a good thing going here, so how about you just forward a share of the donations I raise for you to me foundation." and they said "sure Tom, that's sounds like a good idea because we will still have more money than if you would fund raise for us".

But sure, try to smear him with it. It will be his fuel on the #blitz4six

Magnetic North posted:

Those numbers (if accurate) make it a bit easier to accept, if you think of it as redistributing 6% of the money he himself brought in. But it's still kinda gross on the surface, since people thought that was going to a certain place and it's going elsewhere. Then again, people brought it in because of Tom Brady's involvement so would people actually disapprove of this? I dunno.

It's still yucky (yes, that's the technical term). Less than I initially thought, but still a bad look.

Yes, people in Boston who are donating to a charity because of Tom Brady are going to be mad because Tom Brady, five time Super Bowl winning QB, decides where the money goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Kalli posted:

Jimmy G seems more like the market quickly emptying except for the Browns and a bunch of writers hyperventilating about the Browns bidding against themselves, which they aren't doing.

Or Belichick simply realized that he would rather not be the Oakland Raiders or Arizona Cardinals in the playoffs if he can "only" get a #12 pick for his troubles.

• Locked thread