Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the rich get richer, thanks afc east

quote:

Writing on ESPN.com (Insider content), Schatz detailed the analytics that led his Football Outsiders team to a most surprising conclusion: The Patriots currently project to have the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2017.

In making the projection, Schatz noted that it started with Football Outsiders' defense-adjusted value over average (DVOA) ratings for the past three seasons, with more weight placed on the 2016 ratings.

There are also offensive projections and a separate projection specifically for the starting quarterback. Offense and defense projections are done separately.

Then, Football Outsiders accounts for "general regression trends" while also working to "incorporate a number of other variables that measure everything from turnover ratios to personnel and coaching changes on both sides of the ball."

"We're forecasting decline for many of their out-of-division opponents, including Atlanta, Denver and Kansas City," Schatz wrote. "Meanwhile, the rest of the AFC East comes in under .500."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4802397/football-outsiders-patriots-have-easiest-schedule-in-2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

remember when the patriots almost went 19-0 :smith:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that eli uses an aol email address is far, far worse than the memorabilia scheme

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I think the main witness for those shootings got given immunity and the jury asked about that specifically (what weight to give the testimony of someone who had gotten immunity), if I had to guess they decided they didn't believe the witness because of that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

That result is under appeal. Because of this result, if the Odin-murder guilty verdict gets overturned, he walks entirely.

Nah he's still got a 4-5 year weapons sentence from this.

Kalli posted:

I mean they still have the evidence of him waving a gun around right before and after it, destroying his security system, his DNA at the crime scene and... all of his co-conspirators flipped on him.

He isn't likely to win that appeal

Even if he did, that doesn't mean he walks, it means he gets tried and convicted again.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eli Uses An AOL Email Address

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

No Irish Need Imply posted:

lol if you think Tom Brady is going to let us see him bad. The second he notices he can't do it anymore, he's gone.

to the bills, for a first-round draft pick

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ahahaha brady bailing on trump is the best

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

I wouldn't worry about Brady getting much credit for this, since he supported Trump early on with the MAGA hat in the locker and all that stupid poo poo.

That just makes it 100x funnier for Brady to bail on him at the last instant for transparently BS :airquote: family reasons :airquote:

"my wife made clear we're never having sex again if I go" is a kind of a family reason

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I believe the CEO of Enron also benefited from this. It's not a Massachusetts thing, since it comes from English common law every state has it unless they passed a law repealing it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I believe Odin Lloyd's family already has a civil suit against him, and I'm sure the other victims will be considering that as well. So his money isn't safe yet.

It doesn't make it so that he can't be sued, just that you can't say in the civil suit that the law has already determined he killed Lloyd beyond a reasonable doubt so you don't have to re-prove it. They'll basically have to relitigate his criminal trial in the lawsuit.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

exploded mummy posted:

What about Louisiana

That is a good point, loving civil law nonsense.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ahahahaha amazing

there's a picture too

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/status/854735383174811648

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol trump tried to praise amendola instead of brady because brady didn't show up and

well

https://twitter.com/JeffEisenband/status/854773172595544065

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Intentionally misleading people by presenting things out of context to create a story where there was none seems like fake news to me.

I don't know why the New York Times does poo poo like that. All it does is preach to the choir and further alienate people who might be on the fence.

oh god no the nytimes sports twitter made a funny about a thin-skinned baby that did not include all possible context but matched the actual context, that a whole lot less people showed up to meet the orange man than the black man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/856488193646092289

remember polian is likely going into the hall of fame for A) lucking into peyton B) being buddies with everyone else in the good ol' boys network

i have some sympathy for the idea that if you can't manage to avoid testing positive for a test you know is coming a year in advance that doesn't say great things but boy howdy this is silly

• Locked thread