Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/856488193646092289

remember polian is likely going into the hall of fame for A) lucking into peyton B) being buddies with everyone else in the good ol' boys network

My father in law won't listen to the fact that Bill Polian does not deserve to be listened to and this might finally be the thing that gets him onboard. It's amazingly stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Can't wait to see what Jake Butt endorses

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Female Jed is the captain of the university crew team

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

mods please make this the background of tff tia

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sorry the Bears fell for wily John Lynch and his award winning smile

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Like for real how dumb are the Bears no way in hell the Niners were taking Trubisky

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think it's more likely the Niners told the Bears they weren't interested in taking Thomas and were looking to trade out of the #2 spot, which caused the Bears to panic because they thought another team would trade up to take Trubisky (and hell, there might have been an offer or two), then they traded down one spot and took Thomas anyways. It's pretty brilliant by the 49ers/dumb as poo poo by the Bears

e: Hell, I was surprised the 49ers didn't just turn around and trade the #3 pick right after

My friend and I were joking that they were going to immediately call the Jags and go "wow that leonard fournette guy! Pretty great guy! We're pretty happy we'll be calling him a San Francisco 49er soon!" because the Jags taking Fournette was so transparent

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

All I'm seeing is a Bears fan on tilt from a patented John Lynch Bamboozle (TM)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dexo posted:

The Bears weren't worried about the Niners. They were worried about other teams looking for QB's trading up for him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dexo posted:

Lets assume that's true(Reports are dumb and often made up, as the Bears were linked to Solomon Thomas immediately after trading up, they were linked to Deshaun Watson, people were saying they were trading back like 2 minutes before the news of them trading up happened)

I still don't care. The process is the process. People get bluffed in poker all the time. Good for the Niners to bluff and get those 3 extra lottery tickets out of the Bears.

If Pace thinks Mitch Trubisky can be a top flight starter, then the 3 picks they gave up is more than likely miniscule compared to the value of having that QB.

Do you think the Eagles give a gently caress about what they traded to get Wentz? It's on the GM to put a team around him now. And Maybe he regresses and sucks from here on out, but fortune favors the bold rather than hoping some QB falls to you. and when it doesn't saying aww shucks guess we are still not gonna have a future at the position. Maybe next time.

The Rams care, but only because Goff is trash.

Its true, if the HC and FO are on the same page on the QB of the future and this was well thought out and thoroughly deliberated and not spur of the moment, its a good tr--

http://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/858012438117142528

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Colin Kaepernick's final gift to the 49ers :angel:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Charley Casserly retire bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

how can the 49ers get as far away from Colin Kaepernick controversy as quickly as possible?

• Locked thread