Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

JPrime posted:

remember when the cards and the seahawks forgot how kicking worked?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201610230crd.htm

:allears:

What the hell? Get on my level.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200712160cle.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The snow game was so much fun to watch though.

I also can't believe Trent Edwards and Derek Anderson started NFL games for multiple years.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Keith Atherton posted:

Without the San Jose Sharks we wouldn't have this

Doc evil owns.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Justin Gilbert barely ever played and when he did he was awful, and his draft position was very high, but I don't know if I can call him a bigger overall bust than Weeden or Manziel considering you expect so much more from a QB than a CB.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Because they haven't drafted a quarterback in the first round since the Kennedy administration.

WRONG!

It was Reagan.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Michael Corleone posted:

How much did the MOAB cost? I was hearing like $200 million yesterday but now they I have read the bomb cost $18 million. I mean you need a lot of fuel to fly something that heavy, but still.

Also, why are we losing the OAB race? Russia has a FOAB that is 4x as powerful!

The MOAB project cost about $300 million for research and development of 20 bombs. Cost per bomb is about $16 million, so lunch money for congress for a day.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
They're not sending their best.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

SKULL.GIF posted:

He has four other children.

Uh oh how many cars does he have????

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Was there seriously a "is Joe Thomas a hall of famer" debate in this thread? What the gently caress.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

That is a very thinly veiled humble brag. "the last time we won 2 out of 3 superbowls :smug: "

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Chilichimp posted:

He's light about 20 players and a non-zero number of coaches/staff from the last Pats white house visit. He thinks he controls the optics on this, but only with fox viewers.

It's fuckin' adorable :allears:

Technically less people went. The problem is the NYT showed pictures out of context (no coaches/staff in the group photo) which makes it seem like a substantially smaller group. That is what fake news is.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

fsif posted:

Probably the wrong thread for this, but no, that is not what "fake news" is. It's either 1. the original definition of intentionally fabricated news stories designed to go viral on Facebook or 2. the new definition of accurate news that portrays Trump in a negative light.

I'm sorry but posting the pictures the NYT did with the implication that 30 guys showed up total is indeed fake news since it is misleading and does not represent reality. You don't have to be pro-Trump to see how that might be the case.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

fsif posted:

I get that it's largely a semantic argument, but an error in initial reporting that is later corrected/given proper context is not "fake news". The term originally had an entirely different meaning, but it's been appropriated by Trump and allies to try and discredit legitimate news outlets.

https://twitter.com/NYTSports/status/854866272592461825

It's good they corrected it, but the damage was already done with the inaccurate reporting in the first place. Most people won't see the retraction or read beyond the headline.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

TBeats posted:

Why is this so important to argue either way lol

Seriously who gives a poo poo

It's really not important I just can't believe there was an argument about what fake news is in a loving football thread.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Josh Gordon really is never going to play football again

CLE Chatter: Browns receiver Josh Gordon hit with second paternity suit (and other noteworthy tidbits from our town)
http://www.cleveland.com/naymik/index.ssf/2017/04/cle_chatter_former_browns_rece.html#incart_river_home

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Teams using shotgun formation have increased in percentage noticeably over the last decade.

Still, somehow a college QB from a shotgun system is seen as a negative.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Now we will never know the secret of the QBR formula :(

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Browns did not draft Corn Elder so I give their draft a F-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

fast cars loose anus posted:

The Colts signed Ken Griffey Jr's son and boy do I feel old today

My wife used to coach cheerleading for teenage girls and whoops two of them just graduated from college this weekend. :corsair:

• Locked thread