Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Why's Dr Doom on a horse wielding a lightsabre and a rock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Do sneetches get steetches?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The fat kid gives her an orgasm, IIRC.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I've always hated the way that The Stand ended. It kind of made it pointless that the Colorado crew infiltrated Vegas in the end.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I never saw the original IT mini series event due to my religious upbringing in Texas.

I wanna see the new movie by my girlfriend says I should watch the old one first so I will know what she's complaining about.

I'm not familiar with the source material and I don't want to sully my movie watching experience with expectations.

1408 is a good hangover movie.

Honestly, this whole "preparing to bitch and moan about a movie almost entirely sight unseen" is one of the most insufferable things a person can do.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

:popeye:

:aatrek:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

It's based on the novella Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption and as I recall it was the same story except that the book went through about six wardens and Red was a white guy with red hair. And the ending is just slightly better than the movie's. There's no moment with Red and Andy meeting on the beach. It just ends with Red saying, "I hope."

I heard that the studio wanted the ending that the film got. To be honest, I kind of wanted a nice happy ending for Red.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

I think I heard that test audiences hated the original ending so they added the shot on the beach. TBH I like the ambiguity of the original ending. Plus the whole point was that Red learned to hope again :unsmith: , not that they bro out happily ever after.

Ah yes, this is probably what I was thinking of. I feel that it's one of those times where a test audience probably had a valid point.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wonder if Sony will buy the adaptation rights to subsequent Stephen King novels and shorts to create a cinematic universe, like a Stephen Universe or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh dang. :(

Up to 21% now, but even the positive reviews are damning with faint praise. Plus Richard Roeper's review seems to be misclassified as "positive." The little snippet reads "A great actor giving a terrible performance as the lead villain is but one of the many, many, MANY unfortunate elements in The Dark Tower." That doesn't look too promising.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 3, 2017

• Locked thread