Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

When you accidentally say something in Fahrenheit and everyone goes "OH poo poo WE'RE ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN IT'S SOOO HOT OLOLOLOLOL"

People using Fahrenheit.

Also people who stop in their tracks immediately after getting off a bus/train/escalator. Especially since in the last case they're going to get rammed and I don't feel good ramming a little old lady. (It's always little old ladies.)

e: People who take the receipt from an ATM and start looking at it while still standing in front of the ATM like gently caress you little old lady (it's always little old ladies) your transaction is done go read your receipt somewhere else there's ten people in line here.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People who take forever to tell a story.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

honda whisperer posted:

When someone asks if you're busy, you say yes, and they pause, get this quisical look in their eye, and then start into their story anyway.

People whose first words after me answering the phone are "are you in a bad place?" like yeah well you know life is hell and so on but could you just get on with your business instead of asking me stupid questions? If I was in the business of getting eaten by a bear or something I probably wouldn't answer the phone.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Benny Harvey posted:

Oh God, this. Especially people who say "what?" before youve finished.

I worked with a guy who would tell stories only he didn't really speak as much as mumble and when you said "what?" because you couldn't understand anything he was saying he'd get really mad. After a while I learned everyone else just didn't listen to his stories.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Who do these people think they are?

Piss gods.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

My favorite bathroom rear end in a top hat is women.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People getting angry about literal junk food; for example:

Applesnots posted:

You shut Your whore mouth about pizza! Pizza and beer are gods only gifts unto this world!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Things Something Awful forums poster Sunswipe likes:

the falling snow
the hour before the dawn
the mouth of one just dead

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

It's weird because the cutting motion of the knife takes more effort so people typically put the knife on their right hand. On the other hand, most people don't really care how you eat so do whatever.

I would never eat food I'm not able to cut with my left hand*. (I'm not left-handed and I don't care which way people hold their cutlery, I just find this an obsolete argument for holding the knife in the right hand.)

*) Holding a knife that is. I don't karate-chop my food.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Speaking of area-relative cutlery use, I've noticed a thing where Euro folks swing an upside-down fork into their mouths as quickly as possible. Just really jerk it in there, like it's actively trying to get away from them. I'm used to holding the fork upside-down while cutting, then twisting it rightside-up as you move it toward your face. The Euro way just seems so panicked and uptight and makes me wonder if they're scared of dropping it or can't balance poo poo or what.

Why wait?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

If efficiency concerns you, Sir, let me tell you about Soylent...

I hardly think eating Soylent with a fork is very efficient.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like chewing with your mouth open and talking with your mouth full must not be considered rude or gross in Indiana because everyone here does it. It's like working with a bunch of cartoon gluttons.

Those fuckers. Those FUCKERS! They all need to die.

My dad used to call the on-coming lane the enemy lane.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HaB posted:

This. The word you are looking for is voila. See also: "per say" and "for all intensive purposes".

Boner slap the queef.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The American "Canadians say 'aboot'" meme. Anyone with ears can clearly hear they say "aboat" I mean what the gently caress :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

super redneck Irish.

But you repeat yourself.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Master Twig posted:

In regards to Game of Thrones:

Whenever anyone is talking about the show and refers to Daenerys Targaryen as Khaleesi, as if it was her name. Khaleesi is just the Dothraki term for queen. It is not, nor has it ever been her name. People didn't start referring to Joffrey as "Your Grace", but referring to Daenerys as "Khaleesi" is pretty much doing the same thing.

It's expounded by people who are now actually naming their daughters Khaleesi. Which is another thing that bothers me (naming your children after pop culture characters.)

People refer to the actual queen as the queen literally all the time.

BioEnchanted posted:

Generally people who can't just enjoy something without adding ironic caveats. I enjoy some bad games, but what I enjoy about them is the good aspects that sometimes come up. I don't play it to laugh at the poor controls or complain about the muddy graphics, I often play for interesting world building or advancement systems. Just let yourself enjoy what you enjoy without having to prove something to your peers, even if it's generically written. I enjoy a few sitcoms, I know they aren't very good but some characters still get a laugh so fine. Hell, I know Repo: The Genetic Opera is terrible as a movie but I like a few of the songs and Anthony Stewart Head's performance.

I've been playing System Shock recently and if I talked about it to someone without mentioning that the controls are just plain wrong, someone who hasn't tried it might think it's a fun game for anyone to play based on all the good things it has (personally I can make do because I've lived most of my life before playability was invented anyway) :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Apr 24, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I don't know relatable this is.
I've run a lot of RPGs in my day with loads of different people.

There is always one person in the group who MUST inject themselves into every scene. Sometimes they are just excited and can't contain it or they are an rear end in a top hat that must be heard.

If I'm setting the scene or giving some dramatic exposition, don't chime in with your moronic quips.
Don't yell over the table and undercut someone.

gently caress you.

You sound like an awesome DM.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NOT :lol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jippa posted:

Acronyms.

Watching sci-fi would be pretty painful if you had to talk about light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. Watching sci-fi is usually pretty painful anyway so :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Littering.
In what scenario are you not a short walk from a garbage can?
OR does a candy wrappers suddenly become toxic once you eat all the contents? Put it in your loving pocket FOR LIKE A MINUTE.

I could never respect a litterbug. It's on par with people who don't wash their hands after using the toilet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Not really a thing people do but nerds do do: using "X doesn't exist" to mean "I don't like X". As in "There are only two Robocop movies" or "I'm glad they never made a movie out of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" or poo poo like that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grevling posted:

Standing still on moving walkways like cattle at a slaughterhouse. Okay, some of them might be old and need to rest for a bit but try to stand to the right at the very least. :psyduck:

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/more-efficient-better-stand-escalators-busy-tfl-holborn-tube-station-study-walk-2017-3?r=US&IR=T

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

I would share a screenshot of his poo poo but I can't black-out people's names at the moment.

My Facebook post: "I turn on the Mets game. Five seconds later, deGrom gives up a two-run homer that brings the game from 2-1 Mets to 2-3 Nats. gently caress this. I turn on the Marlins game. Less than one second later, Adam Conley hits Gregory Polanco with a pitch to load the bases, then gives up a triple, bringing the score to 8-0 Pirates. I'm a jinx."

Response #1: "Yay sportsball?"
Response #2: "Put the ball in the place and get larger numbers of things!"

Why do people think this is so clever? I know if I said some poo poo like "Yay video games, put a pixel through another pixel and win points!" they'd have something to say about it.

The only thing more banal to post on Facebook about than what you had for lunch is what someone else did in a game (doesn't matter if it's an actual sport or snooker/golf/darts/NASCAR or a board game or even one of those computer video games) :smuggo: / :can:

Doesn't make me unreasonably angry though so sue me :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

"I'm a jinx" was the thesis statement, though I can understand your point. I'm also a weirdo who likes seeing what other people had for lunch.. :shobon:

That said, unfollowing is the best innovation Facebook has ever rolled out. The "yay sportsball" guy posts approximately 1,000,000,000 pictures of his infant daughter per day and I unfollowed him, so the least he could do is return the favor.

Yeah ignore functions are the best.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I hate people that get really territorial over video game consoles. Maybe it made sense when we were kids and only had Nintendo and Sega but a 30 year-old person who ONLY plays Xbox or whatever is so weird. I invited you over to play Smash, don't be a jerk about it.

Maybe he was doing the opposite of being a jerk about it and blamed the system instead of the game because Smash games are un-fun to play but he didn't want to bad-mouth your favourite game :mmmhmm:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: :gas:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Also inviting someone over just so you can play one specific game you want to play is something only a complete dork would do.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I'm always really, really disappointed when someone won't watch [x] movie because it's subtitled. Hot drat, what a way to exclude some excellent films.

And on the subject of not being able to get anyone to see it because of an actor, I recently realized none of my friends have seen or are willing to see Raising Arizona because Cage is a meme at this point.

Sub-titles are literally the best because you can eat loud snacks and still follow the dialogue.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Also if you're at my parents house and trying to watch something on their godawful lovely television you can actually follow the dialogue without turning the volume up way too loud.

Oh yeah that too I like your parents they're good folks and their taste in movies is p good :mmmhmm:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People who claim to be Irish/French/whatever and still put pineapple on food. I mean they're just lying :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Voyager I posted:

This is more of a pet-peeve since it's a cultural norm, by why is traditional American theater food noisy as gently caress? Who decided that the best soundtrack to a movie would be the person behind you rummaging through popcorn bags and fiddling with candy wrappers?

Oh I don't eat a the cinema obviously.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Humorous spelling and typography when writing "Microsoft" in the god drat year 2017.

e: Michaelsoft Binbows gets a pass because it's a meme and I loving love memes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Someone staring at you for no reason.
I don't mean someone zones out and happens to be staring in your general direction. If someone is staring at me, I move and they're still staring at me, say something or look somewhere else! Creeps me out/makes me worry there's something on my face/clothes and they just don't want to comment.

It's all of you hope this helps.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I never imagined someone lying about food allergies because they disliked something about a meal. Who the hell does that? How hard is it to say "I don't care for X, is there something you would recommend?" to a server? Most restaurants offer enough options nowadays that most folks can find something they'll eat on a menu.

Doesn't really apply to restaurants but I've found that whenever you're offered something with X and you say "oh no thanks I don't like X" it's about a half hour of "you really should try it" and "you can pick X out". (I don't go the "I'm allergic to X" route I usually just curse, leave and go to Hesburger.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kreyla posted:

People that cannot grasp the fact they have neighbors in an apartment complex. Yes, please, blast your stereo out of your open top jeep every time you come home. Slam all the cabinets. Instead of setting things down, drop them. Goddamn.

Of course it doesn't help that the walls and floors are tissue paper, but come on. How hard is it to close a cabinet or drawer rather than slamming it?

Those dampers you can get for furniture are pretty great and should be mandatory on new installations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kreyla posted:

The cabinets all came with those little jelly dots to soften the closures... But brute force still makes them loud. My favorite is the upstairs neighbor dropping the toilet seat rather than setting it down. CLUNK

No I mean the proper ones. They make it almost impossible to close the doors or drawers loudly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

metztli posted:

People who fall asleep in public places and snore loudly. It should be legal to throw things into their open mouths.

How very elitist of you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If anyone on my team complained even half as much as yeah i eat rear end about having to adjust their chair back, I'd be concerned that they didn't have enough to occupy their mind/time, or that perhaps they weren't being challenged enough.

Yeah I eat rear end is plenty challenged.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Joburg posted:

People who talk on the phone in the doctor's waiting room. Lady, I don't care about your daughter's baby shower or what color you are painting your bedroom... Go somewhere else to have your private conversation!

It's a waiting room what the gently caress you weird person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

There was a WinCo near my old apartment that had those dry storage bins of nuts, candy, cereal, etc. and a ton of self-checkout stands.
I sometimes wondered how horribly you could rob the place by buying pine nuts and inputting them as peanuts, which was the next bin over and one digit off.

As for something that makes me unreasonably angry, when I'm sitting in a near empty theater and another person comes in and sits directly in front of me. I hate you. I don't know your name and I hate you.

Are you sitting in the middle? Because gently caress if I'm going to deviate from the sweet spot just because someone else is in the sweeter spot one row back.

• Locked thread