Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Inzombiac posted:

I know more than one person that thinks it's totally okay to fart in any situation.
"It's just a bodily function" they say.
"I don't want to inhale your poop gas, idiot"

Every once in a while I see reports of a doctor / nurse who cut the cheese in surgery and everyone freaks out because they think a bowel has been perforated till someone owns up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Without cheese there would be no Brie-oncé

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

I cannot loving stand when people feel the need to back into a parking spot as opposed to pulling in like a normal goddamn human. I have heard people say its to make it easier/safer to leave the spot, but I don't see how that's the case when backing into a tight space between 2 vehicles (as opposed to backing out into a goddamn wide-open lane) is in no way safer. It doesn't help that every mother fucker who backs into a parking space has the biggest gently caress off pick up truck or SUV and takes forever to actually back in.

Just pull in , then actually look when you back out!

I'm sorry to hear that you can't park.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

If I looked like BioEnchanted naked then I'd be sure to wear more clothes too.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Just answer all the questions they ask on the phone as if they're asking you. They'll leave fast enough.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Cigarettes rule and I wish they weren't so bad for you so I could smoke more of them.

This isn't the personally held bad opinion thread.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm simply trying to advertise my new book, The Joy of Smoking, in hopes of revitalizing cigarettes as an occasional indulgent treat enjoyed by the masses. Come to my cigarette tasting and book signing this Saturday, held just outside your favorite grocery store entrance.

Jokes on you, I can't afford food and the smell of the dumpster I 'shop' in will overpower your smoke. Now we both smell like two different kinds of trash.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The ability to go to the pub for dinner and not come home reeking of smoke is wonderful.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Rolo posted:

Wait poo poo it's spelled LASER?

Looks like someone is going for a walk over to the poo poo you can't believe you just figured out thread.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

To be fair if someone is complaining about dandruff being an excuse to get out of hiking you probably dodged a bullet. They don't sound like fun company on a walk.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

It took me a while to cut these types out of my life but now I'm free and can BREATHE.
There was one guy that would be furious if you didn't invite him to stuff but would almost never show up.
If he did, he'd be miserable and never help.
Nah dude, you just hang out in your hammock while everyone else gets firewood and sets up dinner.
Oh, you don't like what we're cooking? Go catch a rabbit or something, you gently caress.

:respek:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

I still don't understand why tourists ask for directions now. Use your loving phone. No it's not here, it's 4 miles that way. Use Google Maps.

It's quite possible they don't have data on their phones. Roaming is insanely expensive for me so turning it on isn't something worth considering.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's by far his best movie. It is also better than the newer one, but that's probably better suited for the unpopular opinion thread.

Anyway, I find it pretty obnoxious when people flat out refuse to watch a movie they haven't seen just because they don't like an actor in it. I understand not liking Adam Sandler, but at least give Happy Gilmore or even Waterboy a chance. Maybe they still won't like it but it's so far ahead of his other stuff that it's almost a different actor. Maybe that's a bad example but I'm sure it happens to other better actors with people who do this too.

If you said Punch Drunk Love maybe you'd have a point but Happy Gilmore is just Sandler stuff that hadn't been run into the ground yet. Which is basically a nostalgia thing.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS HAPPY GILMORE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, HAPPY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME LONG DRIVES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PLAYED GOLF. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Astrobastard posted:

Thats cool too but I like thing.

Obnoxious - Americans that proudly latch onto heritage that has literally nothing to do with them like the "Irish and Scottish" . Even worse are the ones that claim 25% French, 25% Italian etc and can barely speak English. No. You're American and your EU "family" doesn't want you anywhere near them.

My personal favourite is ones who claim that they're half "scotch". Great that you admit you're an alcoholic but alcoholic isn't a race / nationality.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Ugh, I've known a few of those but it's always "Nah bro I'm not even drunk. I'm like 75 percent Irish!"
*Falls into a gutter and poops their pants*

I meant calling themselves scotch instead of Scottish. Although anyone who claims they're able to handle their booze because of their heritage is most assuredly using that to cover up the fact that they're drinking like they want to die and soon will.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The flip side of this though is someone like my friend who has had an known issue with this for a very long time. She loves all the sooks because it means that everywhere has gluten free options now so eating out is way less of a hassle than it used to be.

This does all fall apart when somewhere says they've got a gluten free whatever but it isn't and she ends up getting crook. Thankfully that hasn't happened much.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I recently moved from a house to an apartment and I forgot how much I missed hearing the general sounds of other people.
Aside from my young, obnoxious neighbor it's been okay this time.

One thing I hate is living in a complex and people hang out outside all the time.
Near my front door is a group of 2-6 old gross dudes who just sit on the curb and smoke. Sometimes they yell at each other but most of the time they are just wasting away.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Can't tell you how many times I get "CCW" as a suggestion for complaints about getting catcalled. For one, CCW is difficult to get where I live, for 2, I don't feel comfortable carrying a gun around--they make me nervous even when I'm at the range, and I don't think I'd want to have one around in a confrontation, and for 3, I don't think murder is an appropriate sentence for casual sexual harassment.

I'm casual acquaintances with some people who I really really do not want to spend any time alone with based on their unhinged overreaction to a simple catcall.

It's that kind of attitude that means it won't ever go away. If men feared for their lives every time they said something stupid and sexist then maybe it would finally stop. It worked for all sorts of other crime in the USA so I don't see why it wouldn't work for this too.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm assuming your a dude here but this is the perfect time to make like you thought they were catcalling you. Thank them for their attention but say that you generally go for someone better looking / with more money so will have to pass on getting to know them further.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Most women aren't willing to take a guaranteed life sentence or death penalty to solve what most of the time is an occasional annoyance.

Instead, we should place our trust in law enforcement to solve the problem. If they don't have the manpower or space to arrest and prosecute "minor" crimes like this, maybe they need more funding instead of the military.

Cut out the middle man and just the military to police everything.

om nom nom posted:

I'm sure we are from different places, but I've never heard of a pot of beer. Any beer in bars around me (Montana USA) is sold in a pint or half pint, and then some of the particularly potent or high alcohol beer will be a 6oz pour in a snifter.

It's an Aussie thing. The fact that they mention mls is a good indication they're not talking about the USA.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Every thing you describe is a giant "socially awkward niceguy who is in to you" red flag. I would bet a lot of money that if you announced you broke up with your boyfriend he would be asking you out within days.

lol, Nice Guys never ask the girl out

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

I once got catcalled three times on the same block while wearing my great-grandfather's hand-me-downs. Serves me right for doing laundry or something I guess.

Should have just treated them the same way your grandfather treated people who catcalled him when wearing them :nws: http://i.imgur.com/WhPQRwd.jpg :nws:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

Tiggum, he's asking if you're Australian or a oval office.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm a writer

of shitposts

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Autoplay videos.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why not buy a door pump for your front door? That way you'll never have to wonder if you remembered to close the door either!

(This was a seriouspost by the way. It won't help you with your terrible relatives but still a nice thing to have in my opinion.)

Why over-engineer a solution when simply not having them around again fixes the problem in a much more satisfying way.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Yobgoblin posted:

I hardly ever went to amusement parks. When I did I hardly found that to be an issue. I guess your parks were more crowded than mine.

Still sucks watching a suspenseful part of a movie where its all quiet and then you hear: "Daddy, I have to go peepee".

Why do you keep taking me to scary movies then Daddy? You know I don't like them.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Eleven is better than Madison

Khaleesi

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

You can just add a letter to the end of the url before the image extension to change the size and you will get an automagically resized image rather than what ever you uploaded.

(s)mall
(m)edium
(l)arge
(h)uge

eg.

https://i.imgur.com/0AaJudbh.jpg rather than https://i.imgur.com/0AaJudb.jpg

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Intoluene posted:

It's probably the point that it makes me angry but teabagging in games. It's really unnecessary and rubs me the wrong way every time.

So it's fine to teabag you irl? Good to know.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

This is where your stood automatic cars fail again. The correct thing to do is to drop a couple of gears so the back wheels start spinning and smoking, the car slows down rapidly but the driver behind doesn't even get the courtesy of brake lights to warn them.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

"Catte" "Dogge"

gently caress off

Awww, looks like pupper is mad

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Catberry posted:

If I ever own a store I will tell the staff to open 5 minutes before it says we open.

Pay your staff to be there earlier than opening hours then.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Don't most shops already do this?

Even here in Australia you'll get places trying to skirt around that poo poo so I figured USA was completely bullshit insane about it.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

timefly posted:

I met this girl around my age once, we had a nice conversation while stuck in a waiting room together and we ended up on the same bus home. She sat with me and started talking about how we could spend the day together, I could come to her house and meet her family. She started to seem very unappealing and I told her sorry, but I had to go grocery shopping. She said she'd come with me! It'd be fun! Uhh ... I very awkwardly extracted myself from the situation. Talk about no boundaries.

You could have had crazy sex and then gotten stabbed when you said it's not going to work out. Wasted opportunity imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Yahoo News has a screen overlay that blocks you from reading anything if you disable notifications until you confirm you really want notifications disabled. gently caress this annoying bullshit arms race, gently caress it to death.

• Locked thread