Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tiggum posted:

Isn't that what it tastes like to everyone?

You guys must have some delicious cough syrup down there if you think it tastes like root beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

gleebster posted:

Using three letter airport codes in place of actual geographic names. Sorry, but I don't happen to know where BAK is.

Unless they are pilots that is really obnoxious, but I do know the type - a person who constantly refers to themselves as a "jetsetter" and feels really superior because of it. So you fly a couple times a week, who cares? Flying isn't the interesting part, talk about what you do after you land.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Or you could just tell them. There have been many cases where I have driven by where google maps says it is and either couldn't see it at all or it just wasn't there. Google maps is not infallible and sometimes detailed verbal directions make things much easier.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

When you are trying to find a parking spot in a completely full lot and you find someone about to leave so you put your turn signal on and they get in the car and...just sit there. For well over a minute. What are you even doing? Start the car and move, I've been looking for a spot for half an hour.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Catberry posted:

I do this a lot. I run my own business so I keep my office in the car. I wrap up the days paperwork in the car (mostly on my phone) because once I get home I want to be done with work stuff.

I also eat my lunch in the car because I can have some peace and quiet there.

At least wave the person waiting on then. Surely if your parking lot is as busy as I am describing you yourself have been in the position of hunting for a spot for close to an hour and should be able to empathize.

If it's a lot with spaces though then it doesn't matter, sleep in there for all I care.

e: also this was in florida so you'd have to be insane to want to work in your car unless it's during the 1-2 weeks that some people might describe it as being "cold".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Rob Schneider wasn't that bad in Judge Dredd. They hired a lot of comedians for sidekicks in the 90s.

It's by far his best movie. It is also better than the newer one, but that's probably better suited for the unpopular opinion thread.

Anyway, I find it pretty obnoxious when people flat out refuse to watch a movie they haven't seen just because they don't like an actor in it. I understand not liking Adam Sandler, but at least give Happy Gilmore or even Waterboy a chance. Maybe they still won't like it but it's so far ahead of his other stuff that it's almost a different actor. Maybe that's a bad example but I'm sure it happens to other better actors with people who do this too.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

So what you're saying is, even if they don't like juvenile garbage, they should watch this particular juvenile garbage because it makes you personally feel nostalgic?

Maybe I hate fun, but life is too short to spend sitting in front of screens in silence watching stuff that doesn't, at the very least, inspire interesting and meaningful conversations. I don't think you're getting that from "waterboy".

People have different definitions of "juvenile garbage". Anyone who can't enjoy Happy Gilmore (and nostalgia has nothing to do with it) isn't someone I'd ever want to hang out with.

If you're trying to sound like the most smug rear end in a top hat imaginable, you're doing a great job by the way.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bogan King posted:

If you said Punch Drunk Love maybe you'd have a point but Happy Gilmore is just Sandler stuff that hadn't been run into the ground yet. Which is basically a nostalgia thing.

I've seen it like 5 times a year for as long as I can remember. It's still fresh for me.

e: also i hated punch drunk love

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 21:00 on May 3, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bogan King posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS HAPPY GILMORE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, HAPPY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME LONG DRIVES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PLAYED GOLF. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

yeah pretty much.

Although honestly I like waterboy better, but it is against popular opinion so I pretend to like happy gilmore more.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm the idiot who actually kinda liked Click. The hospital scene and ending got me, I'll admit it.

I thought it was alright. That scene was even more blatant at trying to make you sad than something out of titanic or some random nicholas sparks movie though.

I'll one up you though and say I am the idiot who kind of liked "Blended". It's so bad in a lot of ways but I can't help but like it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

trickybiscuits posted:

Today's complaint: who is setting the chairs at work at the highest possible height? I had to jump a bit to get my butt on the front desk chair this morning and I'm not short.

I don't know if it's the cleaning staff or if there are some kind of global office poltergeists that like to screw with people, but I swear almost every office I've worked in it feels like the height of my chair is not only always being changed, but they also change it from the no-recline mode to recline, so as soon as I sit down I almost fall over backwards.

Never touch another person's office chair even if they aren't there, it's not hard people.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In one of my previous office jobs they didn't have enough desks for everyone and since I was the last guy hired I was designated hotdesker. Every morning I had to find out who had called in sick and use their desk for the day and since my back isn't in great I usually had to adjust their seat and I quite often had to adjust the height of the desk as well. (The desks were adjustable so people had set them to all sorts of different heights.) I'm pretty sure everyone hated my guts because of that but it's not like I had a choice, if I tried sitting in an incorrectly adjusted chair for 8 hours I'd be hosed. This went on for months and months.
It wasn't a small office either, it was a huge building with at least 200 people on that floor alone but for some reason they couldn't organise one more desk and computer for the new guy.

It's understandable that you had to do that, but you could have at least tried to put the chair/desk back the way you found it before you left.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Who remembers the previous chair setting 8 hours later?

It's not really that hard, most people seem to either have it all the way down or all the way up, and reclining on or off. Plus it's not hard to go out of your way to try just to be considerate, but I understand that is a foreign concept to goons.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Speaking as a guy who sat in other people's chairs every day for months on end .... that's not right

Your point still makes no sense though, it's just as hard to find the sweet spot (if you have one that isn't one of the extremes) from far away as it is from "almost right".

I don't know why "try your best to leave things that aren't yours as they were when you found them" is such a controversial concept. I thought most parents teach their kids this when they're like 6 years old.

e: also what the hell kind of office has a chair with that many adjustments?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Danaru posted:

Are you really arguing with a dude over the chairs and desks of an office they worked at and you've never been to?

C'mon man

There are people like him in offices everywhere I've worked and I hate them, a lot, and it's an obnoxious little thing that people do that make me unreasonably angry. I'm arguing with him because he's the only one brave enough to admit it, the ones who do it here remain anonymous.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I guess my annoyance in that case would be more at management for being too cheap to spring for one more chair if they can't fit an extra desk for you somewhere. I still think you're incorrectly assuming everyone is as picky as you are and would notice if their chair was "close but slightly off" from how they had it originally vs "way off".

e: vvv if you're looking for things that make you reasonably angry, you're in the wrong thread. If I worked where he does, it wouldn't be my problem and I shouldn't have to suffer because they hired a person they don't have room for.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 06:55 on May 9, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I don't even know what this means. What sort of chair is this?

If someone adjusts your chair and leaves it way off, you instantly realise and can fix it. If someone adjusts your chair and then tries to put it back, it'll end up being slightly off and you'll spend a day or two wondering why it doesn't feel right. I wouldn't have expected this to be a controversial concept.

People who have to use someone else's chair?

Almost every chair I've ever seen has a thing you can push in or pull out that either fixes the back in an upright position or allows you to lean back.

I'd much rather if they just left my chair alone. Again, I shouldn't have to suffer inconvenience because my management is a bunch of idiots who hire more people than they have room for. In my case there is no excuse, nobody HAS to use my chair, they just do it anyway because they are too lazy to go get a spare chair from one of the rooms that have chairs specifically for guests/etc.

Even worse than you people who just gently caress up a person's workstation and leave it that way are the people at my last job who would steal my chair and replace it with a lovely one. This happened several times. After the second time I put a sticker on it so I could come in early and find it and steal it back. My entire point is "if you don't need to touch my chair or desk, don't. If you are forced to by idiotic policies, have the courtesy to only gently caress it up minimally".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

If you're getting territorial about a goddamn office chair, you should reconsider your priorities. Someone adjusted your chair? Adjust it back. Someone swapped your chair for a different one? Get your chair back or just use the different one. If it's broken, get it replaced.

It's where I sit 40-50+ hours a week. Why would I not want a comfortable chair, and why should I have to go hunting from office to office for my chair every couple days? I have better things to do with my time at work. How would you feel if someone swapped your brand new 30" work monitor for an old 15" one? Is my mouse and keyboard fair game too? I mean, you can just go get a different one no problem right? Why be territorial about tools you need to do the job you were hired to do?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

Also where I work we have three different types of chair- one type adjusts a bit less well than my preferred type and has a different slant to the seat that I find uncomfortable, and the other is really weird to try to adjust, has a back that's way too high and a really intrusive headrest.

Yeah, same here and there is a big range in quality, from the falling apart cloth computer chairs you probably remember from highschool where the back is barely hanging on to really nice comfortable ones like mine. I just don't understand where this idea that everything in an office is communal comes from. I refuse to be a passive doormat like Tiggum and "just use the different one", because they wouldn't be swapping for my better chair if it wasn't because their chair sucks rear end. There are some things that are communal like whatever is in the lounges/etc but I would never think of just grabbing stuff off someone else's desk. It has nothing to do with territory, it's just plain rude to treat someone else's desk and whatever is on/around it as yours without asking.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If anyone on my team complained even half as much as yeah i eat rear end about having to adjust their chair back, I'd be concerned that they didn't have enough to occupy their mind/time, or that perhaps they weren't being challenged enough.

The only time I actually complained was the last job I described when chairs were being stolen and replaced with broken/old ones. Besides, I could rant about chairs and desks all day at work and my boss wouldn't care as long as I was still productive. Probably only a third of my typical day is spent on actual work/writing papers, so I have to fill the rest of that time with something. I happen to choose to fill it with getting unreasonably angry at obnoxious little things that people do.

and Jerry Cotton that was rude.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Does it work? No? It needs to be thrown out and replaced. Yes? loving use it and stop whinging. Or go find a better one if you can. Who loving cares?

I do, obviously. And obviously so does the chair thief or they would "loving use it and stop whinging" instead of dumping it on me. This isn't some cubicle office where everything is identical, a lot of the chairs suck which you would know if you read posts aside from the one or two lines you pick out to rage at.

Also i am not going to waste my time filing a replacement request for someone else's broken chair.

e: anyway that's enough of chair chat, sorry you can't understand such a basic concept tiggum. I guess I should just install a steel backless stool at my desk because apparently comfort doesn't matter and you should just take whatever you find waiting for you in the morning.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 15:23 on May 9, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I think there was an acceptable transition period when those first came out where it was ok to be confused by them, but that period ended years ago. I think the problem is people don't read the extremely basic and detailed instruction prompts before acting. This annoyance extends to a lot of things. Let the machine tell you what to do.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Imo it's on the machine a lot of the time. like 10% of the time there is some error in weighing the produce and it literally won't let you continue until a staff member intervenes, or a sale doesn't ring up and someone has to come over and change the price. I get more annoyed that people that just take their sweet time. looking the receipt over, individually putting pennies into the little pouch on their wallets etc. Hurry up or get in the regular line.

That can happen, but at least in my experience the people who really hold things up are the senior citizens who just stare bewilderedly at the screen and need someone to hold their hand through every step of the process. The problems you describe are quick fixes as long as there's an employee available and don't really hold up the line like that.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That over/under thing drives me nuts too. No matter how many times goons in particular are corrected about it they continue to use it wrong.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

"It's either going to be great or it's gonna be the worst!"

...how? If you honestly think those are the only two possibilities then the reality is probably somewhere in the middle.
I can't think of anything that fits this assessment.

I think that is because of the general backlash against the (correct) idea that the "truth" is usually in the middle. Typically it is said about politics but people still jump on you for saying a movie, especially if its a nerd one like star wars/trek or comic books, was "just ok". Everyone has to have a super strong hyperbolic opinion about it either way.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

When someone makes a reference to something and then someone else follows up with another reference to the same thing just to show that they got it.

Also when large threads make up their own abbreviations and jargon just to signal they are "in" on it all. Mostly I see it in trump threads ("hmbol", "arzying" etc).

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bogan King posted:

It's that kind of attitude that means it won't ever go away. If men feared for their lives every time they said something stupid and sexist then maybe it would finally stop. It worked for all sorts of other crime in the USA so I don't see why it wouldn't work for this too.

Most women aren't willing to take a guaranteed life sentence or death penalty to solve what most of the time is an occasional annoyance.

Instead, we should place our trust in law enforcement to solve the problem. If they don't have the manpower or space to arrest and prosecute "minor" crimes like this, maybe they need more funding instead of the military.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm sure you already know this on some level but he very obviously wants to gently caress you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sic Semper Goon posted:

That's an unusual opinion on the internet. The usual, or at least the loudest, is to abolish both the police and prison system, which would work out wonderfully when psychopathic murderers, rapists and other violent felons are free to do as they please.

That would be ridiculous, society cant function without law. The type of society in the judge dredd movies should be what we are aspiring to become.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

timefly posted:

Me? I can tell when a guy is into me and he definitely is not. If he were attracted to me it would be a thousand times worse and I'd never spend time with him. I'm one of his oldest friend's girlfriends, so even if he might be into me otherwise he'd never show it. My boyfriend can be scary when people cross him.

Every thing you describe is a giant "socially awkward niceguy who is in to you" red flag. I would bet a lot of money that if you announced you broke up with your boyfriend he would be asking you out within days.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bogan King posted:

lol, Nice Guys never ask the girl out

Well, ok, not in the normal way but in the "dumping a wall of text confession of his feelings and then retreating and hoping she asks him out after reading it" way.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

On a related note, it makes me unreasonably angry when people call themselves a "writer" or "artist" or "musician" or whatever when they have never truly successfully done it for a living, let alone made any money off of it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

"I'm a biker."
"Oh yeah do you make money riding your bike?" :smuggo:

It's implied. If you don't do it for a profession then you are just a guy who draws/writes/whatever as a hobby. At least call yourself an amateur or something.

It's the same with any profession. I couldn't rightfully call myself an astronomer until I got hired as one. Until then I was just a guy with a degree who wanted to be one.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Claiming a thing/person is someone's "spirit animal". It's incredibly obnoxious.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

I'm a photographer!

(takes blurry phone photos of wildflowers and street signs and uploads hundreds of them to Facebook)

And then gets indignant and claims the blur is intentional and is a technique from japan or whatever when people laugh at their lovely pictures.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

On that note, the phrase "This [such-n-such] is everything!" Usually in the context of a pile o puppies or a guy who make figurines or some poo poo.

Bonus points if it "restores their faith in humanity".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Chat rooms are still a thing? :confused:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It never seemed like noise in general was the problem there, just excessive noise. Noise is a part of living in apartments, sure, but there is a threshold where a person can reasonably expect their neighbors to stay under. If they are regularly waking you up at normal sleeping hours, it is probably beyond that threshold and complaining is warranted.

Still, as you learned in your last place I think, I doubt complaining will do anything so unfortunatrly you will probably have to make do with earplugs or something.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

People who refuse offers of hospitality for some weird reason, like if I tell them they can sleep on the nice air mattress I have but they so "no don't worry I'll just sleep on the couch". Then I say "but my couch sucks and is very uncomfortable to sleep on and the mattress takes like 2 minutes to inflate" and they say don't worry about it, so I say whatever and they wake up complaining about how bad their back hurts. I loving told you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jippa posted:

This thread is specifically to complain about " Obnoxious little things that people do that make you unreasonably angry."

It's Tiggum, that kind of post where he just misses the entire point of a thread but posts endlessly in it anyway is kind of what he does.

• Locked thread