Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

yeah I eat rear end posted:

When you are trying to find a parking spot in a completely full lot and you find someone about to leave so you put your turn signal on and they get in the car and...just sit there. For well over a minute. What are you even doing? Start the car and move, I've been looking for a spot for half an hour.

I do this a lot. I run my own business so I keep my office in the car. I wrap up the days paperwork in the car (mostly on my phone) because once I get home I want to be done with work stuff.

I also eat my lunch in the car because I can have some peace and quiet there.

On topic:

People who are so eager to get your parking lot when you leave that they block you from getting out for fear of other people stealing the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Clearly the solution is to get rid of escalators altogether, and make people leg it all the way up.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Catberry posted:

I do this a lot. I run my own business so I keep my office in the car. I wrap up the days paperwork in the car (mostly on my phone) because once I get home I want to be done with work stuff.

I also eat my lunch in the car because I can have some peace and quiet there.

At least wave the person waiting on then. Surely if your parking lot is as busy as I am describing you yourself have been in the position of hunting for a spot for close to an hour and should be able to empathize.

If it's a lot with spaces though then it doesn't matter, sleep in there for all I care.

e: also this was in florida so you'd have to be insane to want to work in your car unless it's during the 1-2 weeks that some people might describe it as being "cold".

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

At least wave the person waiting on then. Surely if your parking lot is as busy as I am describing you yourself have been in the position of hunting for a spot for close to an hour and should be able to empathize.

If it's a lot with spaces though then it doesn't matter, sleep in there for all I care.

If I see them sure but people looking for parking lots are loving ninjas. One could be on the other side of the area just waiting for me to drive out

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only thing more banal to post on Facebook about than what you had for lunch is what someone else did in a game (doesn't matter if it's an actual sport or snooker/golf/darts/NASCAR or a board game or even one of those computer video games) :smuggo: / :can:

Doesn't make me unreasonably angry though so sue me :shrug:

"I'm a jinx" was the thesis statement, though I can understand your point. I'm also a weirdo who likes seeing what other people had for lunch.. :shobon:

That said, unfollowing is the best innovation Facebook has ever rolled out. The "yay sportsball" guy posts approximately 1,000,000,000 pictures of his infant daughter per day and I unfollowed him, so the least he could do is return the favor.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

"I'm a jinx" was the thesis statement, though I can understand your point. I'm also a weirdo who likes seeing what other people had for lunch.. :shobon:

That said, unfollowing is the best innovation Facebook has ever rolled out. The "yay sportsball" guy posts approximately 1,000,000,000 pictures of his infant daughter per day and I unfollowed him, so the least he could do is return the favor.

I'm the guy that posts 1,000,000,000 pictures of my dog.

But everyone wants to see those

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm the guy that posts 1,000,000,000 pictures of my dog.

But everyone wants to see those

Post one picture of Dansby Swanson for every dog picture you post and you'll have the most popular Facebook page ever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeah ignore functions are the best.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On the topic of directions using google maps actually to me turned around once. I printed the route off and went to where it started, then slavishly followed the directions given. When I saw my destination I kicked myself - I had literally done a complete circuit. If I'd just turned around I would have realised that I was already there!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

YeahTubaMike posted:

I would share a screenshot of his poo poo but I can't black-out people's names at the moment.

My Facebook post: "I turn on the Mets game. Five seconds later, deGrom gives up a two-run homer that brings the game from 2-1 Mets to 2-3 Nats. gently caress this. I turn on the Marlins game. Less than one second later, Adam Conley hits Gregory Polanco with a pitch to load the bases, then gives up a triple, bringing the score to 8-0 Pirates. I'm a jinx."

Response #1: "Yay sportsball?"
Response #2: "Put the ball in the place and get larger numbers of things!"

Why do people think this is so clever? I know if I said some poo poo like "Yay video games, put a pixel through another pixel and win points!" they'd have something to say about it.

Exactly. Everyone I know that does this plays video games. Come on, man, just let people like things.

AA is for Quitters posted:

But the one thing he does that I absolutely can't look past is that when he smokes he like forces it out of his lungs and is loud as gently caress doing it.

It is so loving annoying.

Worse is when my buddy uses his wicked sick vape pen while talking to me on the phone. It sounds like 4 seconds of him spraying whipped cream directly into the mic, followed by him blowing out a birthday cake. I hate it.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Vaping seemed like such a great idea. It was healthier. You could do it indoors without inconveniencing people.

And then people did the exact same things that got smoking banned everywhere by being as obnoxious about it as is humanly possible. Blowing "vape" in peoples faces to demonstrate that it doesn't smell bad (it does. Just not as bad as smoke). Vaping on public transportation, in other peoples cars and in the office/work place.

And now vaping is getting banned in one place after another. Some countries even started regulating it in law.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Seriously. Oh neat, you're not blowing smoke in my face, you're just blowing air in my face. Cool!

Fuuuuuuck yooooou.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I used to smoke and I treat my vape the exact same way; I don't use it inside your home or car without your permission, and I don't blow it in anyone's face. If I'm at a restaurant or something, I'll go outside to use it.

The people who do the kind of poo poo you guys are talking about makes me a little embarrassed to have one. I just wanted to quit smoking and found a method. Why do other people have to be shitheads that gently caress it up?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think that this is part of the reason I appreciate Dylan Moran's standup - he knows that his smoking habit is a dumb one and plays to it with phrases like "I inserted my breakfast and lit it" and "I used to frequent cafe's, looking, for the american to smoke on!". I think my personal favourite line regarding it is in response to "Are you going to smoke that?": "Yes, but I'm not going to enjoy it. I'm only using it to LIGHT THE NEXT ONE :byodood:"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dennis Leary has a great bit about smoking, where he just really owns into it, describing how he knows it's killing him and he doesn't care because the act of smoking is just so pleasurable to him. I can respect that in a weird way, one hedonist to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHIT2or-F9o

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Acknowledging the bad points of a habit without trying to justify them is generally more tolerable than someone shrieking about their rights.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
My olttpdtmyua is people who like Dennis Leary

Also, stupid abbreviations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

He basically stole his whole shtick from George Carlin, a much better comedian.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Denis Leary was fine in the movies he was in in the 90s, his rants were really well delivered in Demolition Man and Small Soldiers, but he's kind of dull as a comedian. George Carlin was more biting, and Dylan Moran has a magical way with words that allow him to weave amusing turns of phrase, like his views on eggs "They're not even a food! Just farts coated in substance..." or Breakfasts "Slices of dead pig, tubes of dead pig, some fungus and a chicken's period on a plate. LIES AND CORRUPTION!". Drunken idiot is his act but he has mastered it with his delivery.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Please understand that merely posting a clip of a comedian doesn't meant I agree with literally everything he has ever said or that I'm claiming he's the best of all time. It's one good bit that was relevant to the topic at hand.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

I used to smoke and I treat my vape the exact same way; I don't use it inside your home or car without your permission, and I don't blow it in anyone's face. If I'm at a restaurant or something, I'll go outside to use it.

The people who do the kind of poo poo you guys are talking about makes me a little embarrassed to have one. I just wanted to quit smoking and found a method. Why do other people have to be shitheads that gently caress it up?

Same. I saw a guy vaping in the library the other day and I was seriously wishing he would get tackled by a librarian.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Please understand that merely posting a clip of a comedian doesn't meant I agree with literally everything he has ever said or that I'm claiming he's the best of all time. It's one good bit that was relevant to the topic at hand.

No, that's not how the Internet works, I project everything bad on to you!

Dennis Leary ripped off Bill Hicks, but I did like him in Demolition Man.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rob Schneider wasn't that bad in Judge Dredd. They hired a lot of comedians for sidekicks in the 90s.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Mu Zeta posted:

Rob Schneider wasn't that bad in Judge Dredd. They hired a lot of comedians for sidekicks in the 90s.

I remember when I first realized that was him, I had a serious, "What the gently caress?" moment, because I had only really seen him in The Animal and The Hot Chick at that point.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

It's by far his best movie. It is also better than the newer one, but that's probably better suited for the unpopular opinion thread.

Anyway, I find it pretty obnoxious when people flat out refuse to watch a movie they haven't seen just because they don't like an actor in it. I understand not liking Adam Sandler, but at least give Happy Gilmore or even Waterboy a chance. Maybe they still won't like it but it's so far ahead of his other stuff that it's almost a different actor. Maybe that's a bad example but I'm sure it happens to other better actors with people who do this too.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
So what you're saying is, even if they don't like juvenile garbage, they should watch this particular juvenile garbage because it makes you personally feel nostalgic?

Maybe I hate fun, but life is too short to spend sitting in front of screens in silence watching stuff that doesn't, at the very least, inspire interesting and meaningful conversations. I don't think you're getting that from "waterboy".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

So what you're saying is, even if they don't like juvenile garbage, they should watch this particular juvenile garbage because it makes you personally feel nostalgic?

Maybe I hate fun, but life is too short to spend sitting in front of screens in silence watching stuff that doesn't, at the very least, inspire interesting and meaningful conversations. I don't think you're getting that from "waterboy".

People have different definitions of "juvenile garbage". Anyone who can't enjoy Happy Gilmore (and nostalgia has nothing to do with it) isn't someone I'd ever want to hang out with.

If you're trying to sound like the most smug rear end in a top hat imaginable, you're doing a great job by the way.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

It's by far his best movie. It is also better than the newer one, but that's probably better suited for the unpopular opinion thread.

Anyway, I find it pretty obnoxious when people flat out refuse to watch a movie they haven't seen just because they don't like an actor in it. I understand not liking Adam Sandler, but at least give Happy Gilmore or even Waterboy a chance. Maybe they still won't like it but it's so far ahead of his other stuff that it's almost a different actor. Maybe that's a bad example but I'm sure it happens to other better actors with people who do this too.

2016 The Do-Over
2015 The Ridiculous 6
2015 Hotel Transylvania 2
2015 Pixels
2014 The Cobbler
2014 Men, Women & Children
2014 Top Five
2014 Blended
2013 Grown Ups 2
2012 Hotel Transylvania
2012 That's My Boy
2011/I Jack and Jill
2011 Zookeeper
2011 Just Go with It
2010 Grown Ups
2009 Funny People
2008 Bedtime Stories
2008 You Don't Mess with the Zohan
2007 I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
2007 Reign Over Me
2006 Click
2005 Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
2005 The Longest Yard
2004 Spanglish
2004 50 First Dates
2003 Anger Management
2003 Pauly Shore Is Dead
2002 The Hot Chick
2002 Eight Crazy Nights
2002 Mr. Deeds
2002 Punch-Drunk Love
2001 The Animal
2000 Little Nicky
1999 Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
1999 Big Daddy
1998 The Waterboy
1998 The Wedding Singer
1996 Bulletproof
1996 Happy Gilmore

While I agree with the principle, that is definitely a bad example.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Hotel Transylvania is a fun movie. I have not minded watching it 15 times with my daughter. The sequel is real terrible though.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I liked "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry" It was refreshing to see Adam Sandler play a sarcastic rear end in a top hat as opposed to a retarded manchild.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Every time there's a gif or picture of a thing that vaguely sort of resembles another bit of media, there will be a post saying "new [thing] looking good!" It's a dumb meme that's existed as long as I've been here.

New Rocky lookin good!
New Fast and the Furious lookin good!
New Godzilla lookin good!
New Toy Story lookin good!
New Iron Man lookin good!
New Jaws lookin good!
New Ninja Turtles lookin good!
New IP Man lookin good!

It wasn't clever ten years ago.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

If you said Punch Drunk Love maybe you'd have a point but Happy Gilmore is just Sandler stuff that hadn't been run into the ground yet. Which is basically a nostalgia thing.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

People have different definitions of "juvenile garbage". Anyone who can't enjoy Happy Gilmore (and nostalgia has nothing to do with it) isn't someone I'd ever want to hang out with.

If you're trying to sound like the most smug rear end in a top hat imaginable, you're doing a great job by the way.
lol this is the smug rear end in a top hat thread, literally all of it, when in rome...

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Rolo posted:

Every time there's a gif or picture of a thing that vaguely sort of resembles another bit of media, there will be a post saying "new [thing] looking good!" It's a dumb meme that's existed as long as I've been here.

New Rocky lookin good!
New Fast and the Furious lookin good!
New Godzilla lookin good!
New Toy Story lookin good!
New Iron Man lookin good!
New Jaws lookin good!
New Ninja Turtles lookin good!
New IP Man lookin good!

It wasn't clever ten years ago.

New list lookin good!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bogan King posted:

If you said Punch Drunk Love maybe you'd have a point but Happy Gilmore is just Sandler stuff that hadn't been run into the ground yet. Which is basically a nostalgia thing.

I've seen it like 5 times a year for as long as I can remember. It's still fresh for me.

e: also i hated punch drunk love

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 21:00 on May 3, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS HAPPY GILMORE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, HAPPY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME LONG DRIVES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PLAYED GOLF. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bogan King posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS HAPPY GILMORE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, HAPPY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME LONG DRIVES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PLAYED GOLF. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

yeah pretty much.

Although honestly I like waterboy better, but it is against popular opinion so I pretend to like happy gilmore more.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm the idiot who actually kinda liked Click. The hospital scene and ending got me, I'll admit it.

One weird thing I'll never get - people who fall asleep listening to music or watching a movie/asmr video. I always need to make sure everything is turned off before I go to bed to avoid wasting power, leaving a device on all night would get to me badly.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm the idiot who actually kinda liked Click. The hospital scene and ending got me, I'll admit it.

I thought it was alright. That scene was even more blatant at trying to make you sad than something out of titanic or some random nicholas sparks movie though.

I'll one up you though and say I am the idiot who kind of liked "Blended". It's so bad in a lot of ways but I can't help but like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who feel the need to go out of their way to comment on people's appearance- and it's never a compliment. It's always just some rear end in a top hat who's like I DON'T LIKE YOUR FASHION SENSE IT OFFENDS ME AND I CAN'T GET A BONER TO IT

like dude, maybe gently caress off a whole bunch

• Locked thread