Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

When a customer walks up and talks at me when I'm in the middle of helping another customer. gently caress right off, I'm helping someone else, and you're being doubly rude by ignoring my current customer. Oh excuse me, patient, because this is medical so you're ALSO violating their privacy. Had an absolute bitch try to do this the other day where she cut in front of five others because it was "just a quick question" then tried to complain to the management. Jokes on her, my current patient was a home care nurse who read her the riot act. I can't wrap my head around entitled jerks. One of these days she's going to pull that stunt and someone in line on their last nerve will do a lot more than yell.

vvv See? This is exactly what I'm talking about.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Parking related: people who recklessly pull through spaces in parking lots. It's one thing to drive across an empty lot with no cars or people around, that's generally a non-issue. But you get these assholes who just speed right on through between other parked cars into lanes where people are driving/walking. They're clearly not paying attention and I'm amazed I've never seen an accident for all the times it happens in my area.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Catberry posted:

I once had a neighbor who would honk the horn as a signal for his wife to hurry up. This would happen at least once a day.

What a colossal rear end in a top hat. I hate that poo poo, it's pure disrespect, plain and simple.

Floridian here: do other states have the same prevalence of "I was BORN in this state, so NYAH" bumper stickers? In the past year or two I see a ton of "LOCAL" (with an upside down FL as the "L") and "FLO-GROWN" stickers, usually in addition to hunting gear brands or occasionally stickers that subtly indicate the owner is racist. Look, being born here is nothing to be proud of, especially in 2017.

That said this is my town, all the snowbirds need to get da gently caress out including the shitbird who has a gold apartment in NY.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I never imagined someone lying about food allergies because they disliked something about a meal. Who the hell does that? How hard is it to say "I don't care for X, is there something you would recommend?" to a server? Most restaurants offer enough options nowadays that most folks can find something they'll eat on a menu.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Joburg posted:

People who talk on the phone in the doctor's waiting room. Lady, I don't care about your daughter's baby shower or what color you are painting your bedroom... Go somewhere else to have your private conversation!

We had a problem patient get irate over a bill (in my work we have ZERO to do with the cost, it all falls back on the insurance company) and they proceeded to spend TWO HOURS on the phone with their insurance while other customers came and went, taking up a courtesy chair while she did so. Anyone could tell it was a dramatic conversation. You'd think you wouldn't want other people to overhear that kind of call, but this patient is special. :rolleyes: Our company won't allow us to kick her out.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That can happen, but at least in my experience the people who really hold things up are the senior citizens who just stare bewilderedly at the screen and need someone to hold their hand through every step of the process. The problems you describe are quick fixes as long as there's an employee available and don't really hold up the line like that.

This is my work day if I'm at the counter. Grinds my gears because ffs, these people get prescriptions on a regular basis. Pressing buttons and following prompts is NOT HARD, especially when you are exposed to this CONSTANTLY. Yet they pretend to not understand the green button means "enter/yes/proceed" even though every keypad from grocery to gas stations work that way and they'd pick up on the variations if they would loving pay attention.

I understand some older folks have significant vision or memory problems, but those are not the majority of my patients and you can usually pick up on the difference between those and plain incompetence when you see the same people all the time. You've been coming here for months, you know how the keypad works, you're just trying to force conversation. Get your poo poo and get out of here already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Took me a second! Can't tell if shopped or just a similarly irritated installer/inspector who should have caught it to begin with.

• Locked thread