Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

It's like, real real good for the first 45 seconds. Probably shoulda quit while they were ahead though.
It's also kind of redundant since they already did this in the show much better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFobb7n7AzE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alrighty. I liked those three pirate episodes well enough.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also if you want to hear Adam Reed just loving around with some guys he guest stars on episode 3 of The McElroy Bros with be in Trolls 2 podcast.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

quote:

Seaplane pilot Archer will be joined by co-pilot Pam Poovy and a “talking, loving” parrot named Crackers, who will be voiced by the guy who normally plays Dr. Krieger. Lana is a princess. Charlotte is an heiress on her honeymoon. Cyril is now Cypurt Fuchs, a British intelligence officer in disguise. And Mallory, now a bar owner, will return to her original role as Sterling Archer’s mother.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So, more coma dream?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

So, more coma dream?

Looks like it. I'm betting that's not going to end until the show's finale.

Edit: \/ yep, there's only one season left and I feel the same.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 22, 2017

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
They've said there's only one more season after this one, right? I liked last season but I really wished he'd woken up at the end.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
... a talking parrot who fucks, voiced by Krieger.

They're out of ideas. I'm done with the show.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
I do not believe this is real. This is a parody right.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

It was either gonna get cancelled, or get stale. Instead, they found a way to freely remix the show every season for the last few seasons. I'm a fan.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Ditocoaf posted:

It was either gonna get cancelled, or get stale. Instead, they found a way to freely remix the show every season for the last few seasons. I'm a fan.

Yeah. It's not great, but probably better than anything else they could do.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's sad because I'd like a return to the original premise for the final season, and a mad men style wrap up of loose ends. But on the other hand we have so much of the original premise that I really respect them mixing it up.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

algebra testes posted:

It's sad because I'd like a return to the original premise for the final season, and a mad men style wrap up of loose ends. But on the other hand we have so much of the original premise that I really respect them mixing it up.

I have a dumb theory that's so brilliant and idiotic at the same time that I don't want to write it down just in case the writers are on the same wavelength...

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I mean it's not quite "the last season was a dream and Gilligan Archer wakes up after getting hit on the head by a coconut" but...

yeah I have no idea what the gently caress.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

... a talking parrot who fucks, voiced by Krieger.

They're out of ideas. I'm done with the show.

I don't know whether to hope more that they're loving with us or for a crossover with Mike Tyson Mysteries.

e: also also, wtf happened to Ray :argh:

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jul 22, 2017

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Hopefully the 3 seasons end up connected somehow

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm so excited. And I don't even know what for yet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Polygynous posted:

e: also also, wtf happened to Ray :argh:

Adam Reed voices him. I'd think when things get complicated, like they're setting up entirely new worlds each season, Ray is the easiest character to cut for time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

Adam Reed voices him. I'd think when things get complicated, like they're setting up entirely new worlds each season, Ray is the easiest character to cut for time.

Which is sad, there's something genuine about him as a character, and while "I demand you let me smoke your marijuana cigarette" is gonna be an all time line for me I really miss when he's not around.

Also, like all archer theme seasons I wager on rewatch it'll be a lot funnier. Knowing Lana is an IRS agent and only does stand up based upon Capone might be funnier on rewatch.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Which is sad, there's something genuine about him as a character, and while "I demand you let me smoke your marijuana cigarette" is gonna be an all time line for me I really miss when he's not around.

I have used this line more than once in my actual life. People look at me weird, but they do give me weed, so...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

algebra testes posted:

I hear you. Ray is my favourite. His capacity for unnecessary spiteful fuckery is a joy to my soul. And I like his accent.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
All I hope for is the final season giving closure to the actual characters by the end.

Until then they can experiment all they want.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I'm super excited for this. Nay-sayers can pretend it ended a couple of seasons ago anyway, I don't know why you'd be mad about characters you like being thrown into new humorous situations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I found Dreamland pretty short on the humor, was my problem. The episode in the police station was pretty good and then there were a few good lines here and there but overall it didn't really land for me.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

All I hope for is the final season giving closure to the actual characters by the end.

Until then they can experiment all they want.

Likewise. My investment in this show is the characters and their lovably dysfunctional relationships. Until the end they can screw about as much as they like, but when it comes time to put a bow on things I'd really prefer at least a few episodes of space to give everyone a proper denouement.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HopperUK posted:

I hear you. Ray is my favourite. His capacity for unnecessary spiteful fuckery is a joy to my soul. And I like his accent.

Ray is pretty much how Adam Reed talks normally, just slightly higher pitched.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I heard somewhere that Adam Reed doesn't like his own voice or something so he doesn't like Ray.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

thebardyspoon posted:

I found Dreamland pretty short on the humor, was my problem.

Yeah, I hope they remember to include jokes this time around.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

algebra testes posted:

Ray getting angrier with every rimshot was a great and also my text message alert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFZiwFXuqLY

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Archer is going to be a Seaplane Captain in 1939?

Man, i'm so looking forward to this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'll watch this. As someone said, shifting the concept every season is better than just staying the course, which is why I didn't like Season 4. Plus, they've gotten better at sticking to a season-long story arc.

Cojawfee posted:

I heard somewhere that Adam Reed doesn't like his own voice or something so he doesn't like Ray.
I find that hard to believe since he's been using his voice on animated shows for about 15 years. Also, nobody likes hearing their own voice played back.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wonder if Archer is going to run into Sato Kentaro.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It makes sense that Archer would make himself a pilot since he apparently thinks flying planes is super easy and he should be allowed to have a go at flying whatever he's riding in.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to see Archer as a X-Wing Pilot in the Rebellion

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Rocksicles posted:

Honestly I'd find this more interesting than what they are doing; If they are doing Archer What If...'s, then why revisit pirate island instead of just going balls out?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

SiKboy posted:

Honestly I'd find this more interesting than what they are doing; If they are doing Archer What If...'s, then why revisit pirate island instead of just going balls out?

Insufficient anachronism opportunities.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Sci-Fi Archer would be awesome. Or Game of Thrones Archer!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The final season could be a different setting every week. That concept would be cooler if the episodes were an hour long.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

navyjack posted:

Or Game of Thrones Archer!
I can totally see Mallory as Tywin Lannister. Archer would obviously be Jamie, although Tyrion could fit his fantasy about being the underdog... Cheryl would obviously be Cersei. Some people on the Internet even already refer to show!Cersei as either Carol or Cheryl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Archer wakes up from the coma 30 years in the future.

Begins life anew in the job he was always meant to have: blade runner.

• Locked thread