Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow, Bill the stupidest companion ever?

C'mon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Has anyone read this book?

:haw:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So does this mean all of humanity remembers the times the Daleks and the Cybermen tried to take over the world? How about the Weeping Angels? Or did we forget about them all too?

BioEnchanted posted:

Bill's plan secretly backfired - now all of humanity worships her dead mother.

Honestly, I was kind of expecting that to happen.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I didn't hate that episode either. It was a strange conclusion to this 3 part Monk story though; I think given time I'll appreciate it more for the positives. There wasn't anything that made me dispise the entire thing and there were stand out moments.

Before the fake out, 12 was really quite good at being a bad guy collaborator.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

I miss his Crombie coat and he's original look so much.

12 admits during the climax of Time Heist that he was hoping for minimalism, but he ended up with magician.

So he ditches the look for all the better outfits he's worn since then, including the hoodie. Long live the hoodie.

But I'll forever prefer his maroon velvet coat.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

How many of those who withstood the monks reprogramming that survived are now traumatised for life? Since they didn't get their memories controlled the first time it's likely that they also didn't when the monks left so are now stuck babbling about the time aliens took over for six months while everyone thinks they are crazy.

That's depressing.

Welp, onto the next adventure in space and time!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I really liked the design of the Ice Warrior Queen.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

all-Rush mixtape posted:

My dad was more confused by breathable air on Mars.

*Under Mars.

Hope that clears things up.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's pretty rad.

Say what you want about Moffat and Gatiss but they enjoy doing these little nods to the past just for the hell of it and that's cool.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I feel like the news about Simms Master being released early and then the teaser clip of his appearance at the start of the season will only lead to massive amounts of fan disappointment. It has a high chance of ending up as Facebook hater fuel. Like either the reason for his presence isn't explained properly, or the story doesn't live up to mass expectations or something.

There's literally no way this is going to end up pleasing everyone and it should have been kept just as secret as 8th Doctor regeneration or the actress for the 13th Doctor.

:ssh:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

More Blueish people next episode? :woop:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Burkion posted:

Shame there weren't any Cybermen in that episode

*Ahem*

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Namtab posted:

I hate this

Ahaha I knew the moment I saw this somebody here would.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I like how this episode finally closed the book on what The Doctors real name is.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That was a cool and good episode and a nice two part finale. That ending though :allears:

Let's just skip Summer and go right to Christmas.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Murderion posted:

Was "Sontarans are interfering with all of human history" just a reference to the F2P mobile game, or is it something else?

Funny, even though it's likely it's more of a direct reference to Fours regeneration mumblings, I also initially wondered if that was a nod to the mobile game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can't get enough of Twelves Theme aka A Good Man. I know that it played in nearly every episode, but I would get a kick out of it every time and I never tired of it.

It's just a very powerful piece of music and the build up is simply epic.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 2, 2017

• Locked thread