Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

all-rush mixtape posted:

Original Series:
UK - Drama, Horror

Horror definitely isn't showing Classic Who any more, and I don't think Drama is either. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's one effect that hasn't aged well.

Wow, that was 12 years ago. Hard to believe.

The dodgy Vaseline filter they had for 2005 didn't help.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

I've never liked that betacam look. It's possibly the funky lighting as well, but I've always thought it looked like trash. Cassanova had the same problem. A lot of the time, the flesh tones look vaguely radioactive. Not in that picture of Adam, but that has other problems, like how the colour on the shadowed side of his face bleeds into the wall paint.

It truly is dreadful.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tim Burns Effect posted:

obviously i wouldn't trade Paul McGann for anything but the fact that Richard Griffiths was allegedly next in line after Sylvester pains me greatly

They'd have had to do the K9/TARDIS door camera trick every time he got in/out. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm trying to think of a story where the Doctor is up against a non-intelligent(?) creature like the xenomorph. What would he even do? I just get this mental picture of the 7th Doctor being "how do you do, I'm the Doct-" as it chomps into his head.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That was my line of reasoning, too. I imagine him coming up with the 'take off and nuke the entire site from orbit' plan.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So on London's South Bank this morning..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In other news, this morning my dad dismissed Pearl Mackie's casting as 'political correctness' :cripes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

Just because I can't resist touching the poop....is it because she's black? Female? Or the fact that her character is gay?

Black, yeah. He wouldn't know about that she's gay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

How dare those uppity blacks get a lead role in a wholesome family television programme, amirite?

One day soonish he'll get to meet my black boyfriend, and won't that be fun?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Is your dad aware that they've already had black companions in the history of the show and that there are, in fact, black people in the UK?

Oh yeah. He is an Old Man with Outdated Views.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

An English version of Get Out?

:stonklol:

That's a terrifying thought

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Indulge me

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Antiquated Pants posted:

I guess it could be spoilered because the characters in it?

I assumed this was just a nifty photoshop on my facebook feed, but I guess it was real chalk art!

It was a painted rubber mat. I was there yesterday (if you scroll up on this very page you'll see).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

I was about to say I was hoping for a 5th Doctor Big Finish sale...but after the J&L and Lost Stories sales, I'm tapped out.

TOO LATE!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

This is pretty much what Mister Six was in The Invisibles. And yeah, it was pretty great.

Oh man, I haven't read the Invisibles in years. I wonder if I'll understand it any more now. 🤔

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ayyyyyyy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"Why'd you run like that?"
"Like what?"
"Like a penguin with its arse on fire."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The burrrrrrrn marks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well that was surprisingly good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I was sitting in a weird place in the living room so I had trouble hearing bits of the dialogue. Missed the 70 years line...

Movellans though!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I thought the depiction of Bill's sexuality was very maturely handled. Kudos, Moffat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ahhhhh!! I didn't notice, but he's got the rubbish little beard back!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bill asks if she (the ship/puddle) is still out there, and the Doctor replies vaguely that he doesn't think so.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My take is that the vault is empty, but the Doctor is bigging it up to make it as tempting to break into as possible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

God, can you imagine Doctor Who with a Garak-esque character?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

Do we know the broadcast schedule for the entire season yet? More specifically, are we getting 12 straight weeks of Doctor Who?

Yes, straight through as far as we know. UK TV doesn't tend to break up seasons like US TV.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's been 7:20 this and next week, so I'm hoping it sticks in that slot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I've read a lot of "You have one chance to clean this up and then it's gone, Chibnall," with a lot of indication that his hands were tied going out of the door, but it's worse coming directly from the PriorMarcus's mouth. :(

Do please pay attention to his av/text.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Class started airing on BBC America the same day as the new season. So people got to see both together.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

echoplex posted:

From memory that was a late-ish request and there was a lot of panick'd ebaying / phoning collectors. I think we hired some guy's personal set.

Surprised someone didn't just run to the DW Experience shop.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

BBC: We can't afford that!

True, that place is super pricey.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh, Skeletor has called a general election for June 8th. I thought she looked tired.

This is where Saxon comes in, right?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

'Smile' is putting me in mind of 'Wish You Were Here', a short story by Guy Clapperton from the Short Trips anthology.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

So with the broadcast of The Pilot as the Spring special, how long do we have to wait for the next episode?

Roiland and Harmon just say 'Summer '17'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hell his hair changed over the course of an episode, just look at Flatline. It goes from wild outside to close cropped in the siege TARDIS scenes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That was much, much better than I was expecting. It also seemed really long, but that might have just been me.

I thought the line about being familiar with other ships like it was a continuity reference to the solar flares from Ark in Space (and other stories).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

I assumed the reference was to Beast Below; especially given the repetition of the Scotland joke

That's one of the other stories! :D Ark in Space and Beast Below are both 29th Century

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Astroman posted:

I noticed that too. I'm glad we both noticed it!

I'm happy you're glad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Meanwhile, in the German Spy Museum in Berlin...

• Locked thread