Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Robocop crossover time

I honestly don't know another OCP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I honestly wish BF hadn't told us that John Hurt had signed on to do another season of War Doctor boxsets. The potential of what could have been... :sigh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Quite enjoyed that. I watched the binaural version, and agree the effect wasn't quite used as it could have been. Like, put on headphones and listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQH-jwE_kfo

That's some really good 3d binaural sound right there.

Ironically, this really reminded me of dodgy British horror film, Spirit Trap, starring Billie Piper which she filmed just before starting on Who. It's also about a bunch of students moving into a spooky old house with a Secret.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Honestly, who looks for a 6 bedroom place? You're all going to end up hating Pavel and his late night DJ sets. Just look for a couple of 3 beds close to eachother. Be sensible, guys!

Oh, and Harry was meant to be Harry Sullivan's grandson, but it got cut from the story: http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/doctor-who-series-10-knock-knock-character-is-classic-companion-s-grandson/

Good to see he carried on the family line of being an imbecile!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 8, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A quick look at Rightmove for the Bristol area tells me 6, 8, and even 12 bed places are available, surprisingly. That estate agent clearly wasn't trying very hard.

This place looks nicely creepy by dint of being several houses pushed together, but more in a dreary murderhouse kind of way.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pfft, we all used to type texts in Excel.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I've just remembered the Doctor trying to slowly munch on the universe's loudest prawn cracker and failing. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tell me Doctor, where are we going this time?
Is this the 50s, or 1999?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

spectralent posted:

Neonazis have a loving shitload of secret symbols used for communicating their views to people in the know like they're some kind of loving masonic mystery cult. Sadly "norse, in general" is one of them and a load of viking runes also qualify. It's obviously a thing context is good for, because Nazis have made basically every combination of numbers racist somehow, but yeah. It's a thing.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols?cat_id[152]=152 Numbers specifically. Also "Heil christ", because Jesus was apparently super into the nazis.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tiny pockets of fandom are the best. This thread, the TF thread, these are good pockets of good people. The bigger they get... welp.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Morning all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Is that little Ianto shrine still there?

Yes!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well, Ianto is appearing in the new Torchwood audios, so apparently death isn't the handicap it used to be? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Guys I've got something to tell you. It's me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

Is it actually the console room used for filming, or a replica? From an insurance perspective I'm surprised if they would let people play with the real set.

It's the actual set! They're running tours for a few weeks before filming starts on the Christmas special. They've got the TARDIS background noise playing while you're in there for extra atmosphere. They kindly ask you don't touch the console.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sadly not, if the staff there know who it is (and they claim they don't), they're keeping tight lips.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I guess his head is still organic?

I didn't get why if the voltage wasn't enough to kill Bill (ha!) she still turned into a zombie...?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And I can't tell her for Plot Reasons!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There's only so many good tv writers in the UK, especially ones who will happily work on Who. Matthison will be back.

Also, yes! I now remember thinking 'ah, respiratory bypass!' while watching the episode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

echoplex posted:

The other show is not very good, and now I wish I'd stayed on for a few more Whos. :(

I saw an advert for it and it looks pretty bad. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh god, Volume Two: The Smug Year

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Storyboards definitely exist: https://imgur.com/a/IrsmU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nice piece in the Grauniad about the current season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dabir posted:

Nirvana had one shot then disappeared.

ಠ_ಠ

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I live in That London

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I liked that, and was pretty rapt throughout. Good creepy 'what the hell is going on?' atmosphere. Agree with DoctorWhat strongly that it felt like a Big Finish story.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/claytonhickman/status/866374898859552768

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aww.

https://twitter.com/doctorwhocovers/status/867116491572994055

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jon Culshaw's Tom Baker has got much better than it used to be.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Isn't there a Pertwee story where his resurrection/prison break is addressed with the following dialog:

"So, you survived. "
"Yes."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I wonder what the aliens would have done if humanity had just rounded up the cubes and buried them in the desert or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm still enjoying this a lot, I love the monks' design (even if they are a bit Pyrovile), and I kinda want to see what they really look like since they're using the A Form You Are Comfortable With trope.

I could see the 'GMOs are bad' Message looming over the horizon like some vast, predatory bird, and I'm glad they sidestepped that one in favour of 'you probably shouldn't come to work that hungover'.

The simulation strands effect looked really cool, as did the dusting effect.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The trouble is, it just feels like they're revisiting the 'Master takes over the earth' thing from Last of the Time Lords. Which, you know, wasn't great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

By the way, 21 years ago yesterday was also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1x4YzkeQEI

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

The Eighth Doctor Time War set is now the first of an annual series of 4!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-big-finish-sunday-digest

I wonder how many are adapted War Doctor stories, changed after the tragic news? :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

God, it's all very Martha walking the Earth, isn't it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

McDragon posted:

Well that was interesting. Also my recording hosed off just before the poo poo hit the fan at the end of the episode so I spent most of today assuming that the Doctor saved the day and after getting on the iplayer well I guess he did not. It's a interesting way of watching an episode but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Oh poo poo, habit. I swear I didn't do that on purpose.

Mine had done the same thing because of the FA Cup. Boooo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

I just hope there's more coming out for 8 besides those, given the year long gaps between 2-3, and 3-4

They've said there is! Doom Coalition 4 ends on a cliffhanger they mean to resolve. The Time War ones will just be at a later point in his incarnation.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ewe2 posted:

Moffat's gonna Moffat.

Except it was RTD who did it the first time, so I don't get your point?

Also, the Doctor had no trouble setting the bomb, which was a touchscreen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:siren: HEY :siren:

You know what you should buy? These awesome prints/prop replicas courtesy of echoplex, great person of this parish. He has a little store here, and honestly it's good stuff: http://clarksworth.bigcartel.com/

• Locked thread