Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I'm assuming Nardole was introduced in the Christmas episode. I didn't watch that one since they're almost always garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

AndyElusive posted:

He was introduced in the Christmas Special before last years Christmas Special but he was also in that one too.

:psyduck: I had completely forgotten that episode even happened.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, Skeletor has called a general election for June 8th. I thought she looked tired.

This is where Saxon comes in, right?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I like Bill, but I hope they're not going to keep on with this "she asks weird questions that wouldn't occur to anyone else" schtick. It feels incredibly forced.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Which questions rubbed you the wrong way? Nothing felt especially weird this week.

In this case it was the bit about not bringing the seats closer to the console. After nonsensical poo poo like remarking that the Tardis looks like a kitchen, it just feels like Moffatt trying way too hard to emphasise how down to earth and practical this person is by making her *absurdly* so. It feels like a parody.

Outside of these moments she's delightful, though.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You seem to be forgetting Psychic paper is a thing. It's been a thing the Doctor himself has used for ages now.

I think it's a shame that the paper is no longer referred to as "slightly psychic". I thought that was a cute detail.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Jerusalem posted:

I did get a laugh out of,"They're capable of building utterly seamless recreations of reality down to the atom, to the point that the NPCs are sentient.... but then they cheaped out and just made every npc access a singular RNG across the entire simulation."

I always find it really embarrassing whenever Moffatt tries to write about anything to do with computers. "I'm The Doctor and I saved them - to the hard drive!" still makes me cringe.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
This whole thing felt like it was ghost written by RTD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Ephemeron posted:

Speaking of controversial preferences, I think I might be the only person whose favorite DW episode is Paradise Towers.

I had it on VHS as a kid and watched it endlessly, so it does hold a special place in my heart.

Pex is best Kang.

• Locked thread