Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Or the version set in Scotland, Get Tae gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I liked that one. Seems to be a theme of robot interprets job weirdly, gets its murder on so far this series.

I'm guessing five minutes after they leave, beardy tries to take over and everyone is killed.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

And then the actual indigenous species pops out from underground and kills the robots and the humans would be an interesting conclusion maybe.

Although I dunno what's keeping the Vardi on the planet if they're not specifically helping the humans any more. I have this picture in my head where they decide to go on holiday and the humans freeze to death in the meantime.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Good episode I thought. The Doctor Saves a Big Alien is usually a good one. Shame about Pete though.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 1, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I've heard of Hungry House, but this is ridiculous.

Them bugs were cute tho.

Also I bet he's got Bongo Bongo in there.

Also also Peter Capaldi saying he'll busk it will always make me laugh

McDragon fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 7, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Some of the acting was a little wooden though

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I liked that one. Apart from the twist, that was pants. And I just don't care what's in the vault. They've not made that very interesting. Although I've never really found boxes of baddies very interesting in Doctor Who. Apart from the Orb o' Daleks.

But Nardole is organic? I thought he was an robot. I did like him this episode though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Nardole just gets better every episode. I hope they don't go overboard and ruin him. I did like all his describing things in a loud voice for the Doctor bits.

Anyway, I quite liked that one when it got going. It had a neat idea even if it didn't pull it off very well. Pretty original for Who even if not so much for sci-fi as a whole. And it had a bit of the robots interpret their programming in a way the creators didn't intend. The aliens make a recreation of the Doctor and it proceeds to gently caress up all their plans and really they should have expected that.

The Harry Potter joke made me laugh far too much.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well that was interesting. Also my recording hosed off just before the poo poo hit the fan at the end of the episode so I spent most of today assuming that the Doctor saved the day and after getting on the iplayer well I guess he did not. It's a interesting way of watching an episode but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Oh poo poo, habit. I swear I didn't do that on purpose.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Mine had done the same thing because of the FA Cup. Boooo.

Yeah, I guessed that was what happened. Oh well, it was an big football thing and sometimes they overrun so I can't get too narky about it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Murderion posted:

I remember Countrycide as being a decent horror episode completely at odds with the rest of the season, but then again I watched like 10 years ago and lol if you think I'll go out of my way to look up S1 Torchwood.

Oh, the one where Jack busts into the barn on a tractor and shoots the cannibal grandpa with a shotgun.

fake edit: Jack has the shotgun

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That was a really good episode. I wish they hadn't spoilt both Simm and the Cybermen though, those would jave been great surprises.

The Simm reveal was still good though, I was waiting to see where he'd pop up but it took until he was talking to Missy for me to realise he'd been there the whole time.

The ship set up was cool too. I must be a big nerd because I put long ship and black hole together straight away. I'm sure I've seen that set-up in some other sci-fi thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

everyone shut the gently caress up and watch this immediately

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/881543002014982144

okay, carry on

• Locked thread