Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

regeneration
young white man
everybody holds their breath
he lunges for the nearest spork
everybody cheers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I wish Peter had more than one season. It was most excellent.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I watched with a friend who isn't into DW and when it got spooky she's like "o i forgot doctor who is also scary." Which I was also lured into forgetting because Bill was so charming.
Do share your theory on Bills write out btw.

What revival monsters do you all think will be most likely brought back in the future as 'classics'? Face of Bo for sure. His big rubbery mug.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Brick with face.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

22 April 2017

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

They designed the episode to be a new jumping on point (to the point they changed the episode title from "A Star In Her Eye" to "The Pilot" as in a Pilot Episode), which makes me wonder what a completely new watcher was thinking during that scene.

There's times when the characters in the show feel like they're speaking to the audience as much as they're speaking to other characters.

So Twelve is telling the audience about the TARDIS just as much as he's telling Bill; sure, veteran viewers may be a bit tired of that, but the visuals help lessen the sting.
Yeah in a way the tv show is simply the entrance into the wormhole of fandom. So cosplay, audiobooks, classic series, youtube/tumblr community membership. It's great.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The Doctor makes a big deal about his quest to find Gallifrey in the 50th year special. It's the next big treasure hunt to cap off the big episode.
Then he runs into Gallifrey when they kidnap him because ??? and then he is angry at them (their leader) because ???. Then he leave Gallifrey and doesn't continue his quest to know where it is because ???

Could somebody fill in the ???s for me.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Three knocks, a regeneration incoming. It has to be a deformed version of the 12th. Behind the vale lies a yard.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

cargohills posted:

I really don't get this. Maybe it's nostalgia but I honestly think Series 1 is at the very least in my top 3 favourite seasons of the show. It very much feels like something from 2005 but if you're a Doctor Who fan with no patience for the inadequacies of old TV I would think you'd hate most of the original run as well.
Agreed.

I wince at Rose asking the Doctor if he is gay though. 2005 really was a different time.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

That clip is Adams as.

The next Doctor better be a woman or POC or something other than a cis white male because otherwise the show will go on a long hiatus. You can feel it in the air.

Tnt.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

I wonder how they're handling the "no time travel" requirement by Chinese censors.

(The answer, like most business dealings in authoritarian countries, is "with a large pile of money".)
ha yeah! or edit for chronology.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yo real talk. What are the chances of us seeing the next who in five days?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I felt it was clear they were covering fire for when they hire Tennant '18.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Has the 13th Doctor's name been released?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've held the opinion for a while that Julian Rhind-Tutt would make a great Doctor. Not least of all because he's ginger.

Plus Missy would have twice the reason to obsess over him.

Either that or Dylan Moran as the Doctor with Bill Bailey and Tamsin Greig as his expendables.
I want to see a quick sequence of Doctors that include those three.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

^ oh hell yeah! If any of us write for D.W. one day remember this post haha!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Shona McCullough from 2014's Christmas Special Last Christmas should return. She was so human and messy.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Has the Doctor's hand regenerated?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I rewatched Blink last night, and all the little things that haven't aged well or don't quite work just make it more lovable.
Doctor and Martha running down the street with bows and arrows is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah sounds like your dad simply prefers what he grew up with.

• Locked thread