Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

*bursts in, out of breath, breathing heavily*

Doctor....Who....loving....sucks.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

You know what's better? The Eleventh Hour.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Re: Day of the Doctor, in 2015, Toxxupation posted:

Most clearly and most effectively, though, "Day" could've used either the Silurians or the Gangers as the antagonist for "Day". The nice thing about using either choice is that, one, they've already been presented as sympathetically, and two, both antagonist races have compromise as an essential tenet of their previous appearances on Who. The Silurian two-parter was goddamn loving awful, but I would argue that the appeal and persistence of Vastra means that Silurians can be written well and sympathetically, it's just that Chibnall utterly loving failed at doing so. The Gangers should go without saying, but in both cases if the episode builds to a head where the Silurians or the Gangers are shown to be established as being explicitly mistreated by the humans- think of some sort of apartheid analogy or something - which causes the Silurians/Gangers to resort to some extreme, terrorist-level measure leading into a confrontation in the UNIT basement, then the compromise solution lands more thoroughly because both parties are adequately aggrieved over what we get in "Day", where the Zygons are total dicks but get placated anyways.

Sorry everybody.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Burkion posted:

What was this in relation to exactly

There's a lot it could have been about recently

The two worst episodes of DW ever, that goddamn embarrassment of a Zygon two-parter in Series Nine.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I know a lot of people love _that_ speech, (not here, obviously) but I honestly think it's a ridiculous rejection of everything I think Doctor Who is or represents. There's the occasional surface flicker of something that sounds like it could make sense, but actually it's completely horrible.

Good thing I never wrote 3400 words to that effect!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mmm, time to sit down with my favorite book in the whole world, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and finally finish it. First, though, let's just take a BIG sip of coffee and check my favorite bad tv show thread in TVI-

jivjov posted:

Spare Parts is almost 15 years old. At some point the statute of limitations of spoilers kinda goes away (Snape kills Dumbledore, page 596)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

No I'm not gonna loving review that Tenth Doctor/Rose audio thing. Don't ask

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bicyclops posted:

It really sounds like you want to though.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bi-curious and heteroflexible are terms usually meant to describe people who are in monogamous straight relationships who engage in threesomes with the same sex third/engage in brief homosexual acts outside of the relationship. Bi-curious also usually describes people who experiment with homosexuality/homosexual relationships outside of their normal heterosexual ones.

Take all the terms and flip them and that also describes the (rarer) other end of the spectrum as well: bi-curious people who are usually gay but sometimes engage in straight sex/threesomes that include straight sex, and homoflexible people.

Heteroflexible/Bi-curious is often used in online dating (speaking as a straight dude who has done a lot of online dating) to help classify relationships. It's also commonly used to identify couples who list themselves on online dating profiles why exactly they're online dating ("heteroflexible" being used to explain why they're looking for a third person). As someone who values monogamy pretty highly in a relationship it really, really helps to immediately be able to screen out potentials online, especially since nothing's more frustrating than chatting someone up for a week or two and they bust out "oh I'm married/oh I'm poly in a committed relationship/oh I'm in an open relationship looking for a romantic partner". Labels really, really help you not waste other people's time.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 17, 2017

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Nirvana is bad either way, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Well, it's happening again. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825684

• Locked thread