Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vampess
Nov 24, 2010
I really liked the new episode :)

It makes me sad that it'll be Capaldi's last season, since it's only at the end of last season that he seems to get into the groove of being the Doctor (pun intended).

I like Bill, I honestly didn't catch on that she was gay (no subtitles, so the chips conversation was slightly hard to follow), but hey, you do you, I don't really care.

It's nice to have a companion that's not all knowing. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with Clara, but between her and River, the Doctor seemed to be taking a backseat, and I hope Bill doesn't turn into a huge plot point in regard to Impossible Girl/Half Doctor/Half TARDIS, or what have you.

Just some good old monster of the week, with some Master, and whatever's in the safe mixed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampess
Nov 24, 2010
I really liked this episode, right up to the point where the Doctor wanted to guard the gate. The vault would still be there, since he's a time traveler, and things wouldn't be undone because he decided to do a thing at this point in time and space.

Plus, since the future isn't any worse off without the Doctor knowing about the gate, it'd pretty much be a fixed point in time.

I do like episodes that actually explore past events, or science-y stuff, as Doctor Who was "intended". It's fun to throw "what if alien" at past events.
The one episode that really sticks out for me in that regard was the Pompei episode (with Peter Capaldi!), which did a similar thing, with the gut wrenching ending of fixed point, but with a bit of Doctor magic mixed in by saving that one family.

• Locked thread