Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So Class was also a thing. I give it two series before getting canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

One series was more than enough thankyouverymuch.

I didn't realize it aired all the way through across the pond.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

4/4 now in my opinion, every episode has been good-to-great and this was right up there. Suchet was excellent of course, no surprise there.

I was 50/50 on that until the Doctor mentioned young people dying and,"Round the Mulberry Bush" (or was it Pop Goes the Weasel?) started being played merrily :allears:

That really gave it away and at this point, I'm sure only the thickest of people or most casual of watchers would still think it's someone else at this point or be surprised if it was Missy.
(barring something boneheaded as putting a completely new character in there or something)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

No, no- See that's what I thought it was too.

But I'm pretty sure the Doctor says the opposite. That they were just doing it to escape.

That's how I read it. It's a sort of existential crisis that causes them to just wonder about everything and just say gently caress it. The overly dramatic dynamite at CERN was it's own brand of non-specific gently caress you to the simulated universe.

It's the version of nihilism that everyone assumes it is. Nothing matters. Why exist?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

I'm curious as to who originally wrote the Veritas? Surely the mysterious invading aliens wouldn't have put it in.

Ostensibly it'd be someone who found out the secret a long time ago, but died/was killed before it was widely disseminated or decided not to spread it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Wasn't there a monk on the ship? Did they just take care of it off screen and not say anything or did the writers forget?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

I hate this

I know, it's great. It's just so terribly bad. It's amazing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I really hope the next time the Master (as a post-Missy regeneration) comes back, she goes all in on trying to be helpful to the Doctor or like the Doctor in the worst possible ways.

Also, I sorta hope Nardole is still kicking and able to be a Companion by the time the Doctor finishes his business.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New crack Master idea: Missy successfully regenerates and due to the influence the Doctor had on her, she takes on the appearance of said Doctor. Ergo: The Master played by Peter Capaldi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
All the explosion stunts is probably why they didn't make more unique Cyberman suits. Also they probably have at least a dozen or so of each revival suit so if one or two are irreparably damaged, it's not a big loss and if it's still wearable and salvageable, there's surely a use for a "Damaged Cyberman" suit.

• Locked thread