Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Black, yeah. He wouldn't know about that she's gay.

Is your dad aware that they've already had black companions in the history of the show and that there are, in fact, black people in the UK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

NarkyBark posted:

Yup. They should've pushed the cranky old man angle who you know cares deep down but superficially he's just so tired of everyone's nonsense. Capaldi does that very well and it would've been a good contrast between other revival doctors.

I disagree. That got old two episodes in and I'm glad it's an angle they eventually dropped.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Thin Ice gifs - click to view

None of those links work for me :(

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Are you using the SALR extension in your browser? I had this issue crop up for some people before in the Wrestling Gifs thread and apparently unchecking the "fix imgur links" option in SALR will fix this for you.

If that doesn't help, when you click the link if it has a "m" at the end of the url, delete the m manually and try again and see if that works. The m indicates the medium jpg thumbnail but clicking it should automatically redirect to the gif file.

If none of that helps, no idea sorry :shrug:

IMGUR links should already be fixed by SALR, yeah. I "fixed" it by quoting your message and just manually copy-pasting the links, which somehow... works? Really weird poo poo. I'm sorry to have bothered you, and thanks for the gifs!

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
This is an interesting Twitter thread about the whole "black soldier *CONTROVERSY*" thing in the last episode.

Apparently Mark Gatiss was pretty resistant to the casting and only yielded when it turned out it *was* historically accurate:

https://twitter.com/AlishaRai/status/874294273914449921

• Locked thread