Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm thinking that this episode has also given a way to write Bill out of the show when the time comes, which is actually fairly impressive all told. Also I have a theory on what is going on with the monster of this episode, but I'm not sure if I should share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

So here's my weird theory about the Puddle Ship and Bill leaving. The Puddle Ship is a part/component of Time Lord technology, perhaps a later model TARDIS or some such, hence being able to follow them everywhere they go, and the way they're going to write Bill out is that she'll end up going with the Ship anyway, because I feel that there's still a bit of mystery behind it and it's a fairly okay way to write out a companion for a single season.

Basically she'll spend this season going around with the Doctor and enjoying herself, but also searching for something the entire time, and eventually she'll decide to see the universe as part of the ship instead of with the Doctor. So Bill will literally fall in love with travelling the universe and choose to do so endlessly, and the Doctor will be too busy to stop her this time.

On the Ship being Time Lord technology there's the moment where you can see a white star during the montage, and as mentioned it being very good at following a TARDIS, if a little slow.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

It's a prison containing Missy, I have foreseen it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I do at least like that they show the girl that Bill "fattened" and they're at least being friendly and smiling at eachother.

• Locked thread