Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This better not suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fog Tripper posted:

I wish I could start watching this again, but I really dislike this doctor. :(

BURN THE HERETIC

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh please, the Doctor would build some manner of vortex gun and send Godzilla to a world entire covered in skyscrapers that spontaneously reform when knocked down.

"Don't be ridiculous. I didn't kill Godzilla, I used my Vohoxital Respectralizer to send him Manhattapiter, the planet of dense urban growth where he can live and destroy in peace."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But then they'd team up when they realized that the inhabitants of Manhappiter were planning to destroy every city in the universe...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dabir posted:

Two things can do the same thing but Moffat's probably just incapable of pulling it off.

I disagree, the man has an amazing range. It's just the DW writers don't give him the opportunity to use it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

(I didn't at the time about Colin Baker but now I know I was wrong).

Timelash is CLASSIC

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was shockingly good and Bill is a wonderfully realized character thus far. Her fashion is a bit odd but I guess I'm out of touch with what the kids wear in England these days. Nardole was mostly useless but not obnoxiously bad or anything.

Oh and the scene where she asks him what he'd do if someone wiped his memories, Capaldi nailed the pain in that scene so well.

I loved this and I fully expected to hate it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommonShore posted:

Nobody ever remembers the Silence.

LoL

I love the Doctor as a college professor, that was such a good little bit and I hope they go back to it some more this season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Man I haven't watched the Shada "special" in forever. I should do that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AndyElusive posted:

If you laughed or chuckled at or smiled or even just enjoyed anything about Nardole, then he's not a useless character. In fact, he seems pretty essential and welcome.

I wouldn't call him essential but yeah, he wasn't the worst thing ever. I mean, it's not like he's Martha Jones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I keep calling her "Billie" and have to stop and correct myself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why is a girl getting fat a bad thing? Do people not get fat in England?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't get the impression that she thought the girl getting fat was a bad thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's okay to be complimentary of a woman's appearance. Despite what others will tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

I dug the use of the Daleks and I hope it's their only appearance this season, as I think a full on Dalek episode shouldn't just be something we expect every single season.

I'm fairly certain that I read that part of the contract to keep using the Daleks in the revival required a full Dalek episode per season?

• Locked thread