Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Senor Tron posted:

Especially when you consider she said it in Cyberman singsong voice.

Ohhhh, gooooooooood-oh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

I really hope the next time the Master (as a post-Missy regeneration) comes back, she goes all in on trying to be helpful to the Doctor or like the Doctor in the worst possible ways.

I do love that the first appearance of Missy (after she reveals she is the Master) is her explaining to an aghast Doctor that she's hijacked the minds of millions of dead people and dumped them into Cybermen bodies to help him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

I want Matt Berry.

My God that would be amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Austen Tassletine posted:

Is there a single doctor (excluding John Hurt) that this couldn't be said for?

Patrick Troughton :smug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey welcome to the world of Classic Who, there's a ton of content there and the nice thing is that if something doesn't work for you there is a ton more that is different to experience. There are no wrong opinions, everybody is entitled to thi-

Q_res posted:

Teegan is the loving worst

Motherfucker... :toughguy:

In all seriousness though, if you don't like 5's stuff then try a little more 4. Part of what I like about Davison's run is how his Doctor feels like the character personally taking a step back from his 4th incarnation's personality. Tom Baker is incredible but he's also quite, quite mad and after 7 years of that it was nice to have a bit of a breather with a more relaxed and restrained incarnation.

Tom Baker's first season has a string of excellent stories I think are definitely worth checking out. And yes watch as much of Troughton as you possibly can. My go-to recommendation is usually The Seeds of Death, though Tomb of the Cybermen is great as well and pretty topical given this season. Plus of course there's now a fully animated version of lost classic Power of the Daleks available to watch. The War Games is probably his very best story but it's also his last (and 4 hours long!) so I wouldn't suggest it as a starting point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's so sad because even with the benefit of hindsight and knowing everything was basically going against him (his only supporter was JNT who was increasingly checking out/going through the motions) so many of his episodes are really awful and there are so few episodes to begin with.

There is the old "Some say it is a classic" joke about Vengeance on Varos, but I do think The Two Doctors is the story that best showcases what could have been. I really loved that story, not just because Troughton (:swoon:) was in it, but because Six is at his most charming/competent and the Six/Peri/Jamie trio is incredibly effective.

• Locked thread