Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

What was that actually about? Does anyone know? There was some running around and some people being very enigmatic and it was all nicely photographed and performed well enough...but if you had to describe that episode to another fan who didn't see it, what would you say about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

I know the answer to this question is "Or there wouldn't be a story" buuuut

Why did no-one programme the robots not to murder people and turn their bones into fertiliser? Like, I feel like that's one of the first things you do.

Programmers seem to be pretty good at designing things that seem like a good idea at the time but it turns out there was something pretty important that they didn't think of.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Now that, that was about something.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

He clearly didn't, but it's bringing to attention something the series should really do its best to avoid (at least in the current incarnation) - that the Doctor only gets involved with individual Bad Things That Happen and doesn't tend to go after structural problems so much any more. It's a very modern liberal view (Trump is a problem, the systematic inequality which drove people to vote for him can just be swept under the carpet, that kind of thing)

I'm going to go and look up the last time the Doctor started a good proper revolution. I've a nasty lurching feeling that it might just have been The Happiness Patrol...

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

McCoy is a heartthrob, agreed

Agreed

• Locked thread