Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
There doesn't seem to be a dedicated Classic Who thread, but I signed up for the 1 week trial of Britbox and have been binge watching a ton of classic Who. I'm surprised by how much of it is "unavailable", but I've been watching lots of 1, 5 and 6. I rather like 1, and I think without the silly outfit 6 would be absolutely perfect. For the life of me though, I just can't get into 5 at all. Adric is annoying, sure, as a charmless/less endearing version of Wesley Crusher. Adric isn't the biggest problem though. Teegan is the loving worst, all she does is whine, cry and refuse to listen.

Of 3, 4 and 7 I'm most familiar with 3. I've only watched 1 story each of 4 and 7. 2 I've only seen in "The Three Doctors" and "The Two Doctors".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

It's weird because I kind of like Davison as The Doctor, but I've watched Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday and Caves of Androzani and something's just not clicking with the 5th Doctor stories.

As far as Troughton, all his stories that I really want to watch are the early stuff, and none of it is available on Britbox right now.

I guess I posted because I really didn't expect to like Colin Baker as much as I do, but I really dig the 6th Doctor.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

See, the prickly smugness and arrogance are what I like about him. The dickishness to Peri can be a bit much sometime though, granted.

• Locked thread