Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I wish the trailer mentioned the children so I could have prepared myself mentally for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Please tell me there will be a gif of that guy falling in the ice.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

..............Oh.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Including having his cake and eating it too by having massive earth-changing poo poo happen and then everybody just basically forgets about it ever happening,

Wasn't this really only egregious with the Master two parter? And then it was followed by an episode where everyone evacuated London because of all the weird poo poo that happened there every Christmas.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

This was really good which makes even less hopeful that the next episode will be good, mostly since I don't think I've enjoyed the second half of a Moffat two parter since uhhh...Forest of the Dead or Day of the Moon.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I just remembered this because it was really funny but does anyone have the post (or series of posts) where the guy was watching Fires of Pompeii and got really mad because he had audio description on but didn't know about it?

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I missed when a the second part of a 2 parter felt like it flowed naturally from the first part.

Edit: I just don't think this show is for me anymore.

Chucat fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

TinTower posted:

Yeah, my major issues with Moff are that he is poo poo at season finales and even shitter at financing the show.

RTD, for all his faults with dei ex machina, at least gave season finales a decent blockbuster feel. I mean, Nine telling the Daleks to basically do one still gives me chills. The only time Moff really got that style was probably Day of the Doctor and probably Time.

Say what you want about Tinkerbell Jesus, I'd rather see that in my camp Saturday night scifi than The Doctor And Arya Stark Philosophise About Mortality For Fifteen Minutes.

Yeah this.

I prefer most of RTD's season finales, except for Last of the Time Lords, I'm just a fan of doofy poo poo that I can remember and smile about (like the Daleks and Cybermen getting into a screaming match) as opposed to...whatever the gently caress The Wedding of River Song was.

I might actually like Last of the Time Lords more than the Wedding of River Song.

• Locked thread