Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is nothing holy? Can not a single one of these cartoons we slimy young earthlings held dear be kept?
NO!

Bow before one last Zim!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMnV_eL-D7w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Zim was the sellout family-friendly thing Jhonen Vasquez produced, let me know when they're making Johnny the Homicidal Maniac or I Feel Sick into a tv movie

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Zim was the sellout family-friendly thing Jhonen Vasquez produced, let me know when they're making Johnny the Homicidal Maniac or I Feel Sick into a tv movie

Poor Squee.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Zim was family-friendly

excuse me

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I don't know if I would consider the show to be family friendly considering a lot of people die throughout the series and there are episodes like Dark Harvest where Zim steals the other children's vital organs to appear more human.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like the one where they pulled the little boy's eyeballs out, replaced them with robot eyes and then they exploded in his head when he got attacked by a squirrel.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I'm excited about this! Invader Zim was a whole lot of fun when I was just watching it with my brothers before I knew about the "fanbase," so I hope this TV movie is as good as the tv show! :)

Oh and I liked the one where he took all of the kids' organs and the school nurse told him how healthy he was!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One of the funniest facts I know is that TV's Frank wrote the episode when Zim gets a giant zit named Pustulio.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cartoons are for children.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
For a show that was canceled for dumb reasons I'm OK with this.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Cartoons are for children.

The most cynical children in the universe maybe. The show is the most nihilistic cartoon to air on a children's network.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna sing the doom song

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i liked the show when i was a kid its prob rly bad now huh

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I changed my mind, my favorite is Hobo 13, where the tiny slave alien wins billions of dollars on accident, and instead of there being a happy ending or whatever the Tallest just kill him :capitalism:

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
It was funny when I was on vacation and a friend watched it with me.

Not funny when watching it alone.

Hmmm.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Last good show on Nick

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

i liked the show when i was a kid its prob rly bad now huh

Someone rewatch an episode and report back to me if it's still as good as I remember it or I just liked it because it was "edgy" to my kid brain.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BJPaskoff posted:

Someone rewatch an episode and report back to me if it's still as good as I remember it or I just liked it because it was "edgy" to my kid brain.

Its great if you're high as balls. I mean super high, like you just smoked $50 in weed high.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm makin waffles these one have peanuts and soap in em

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
But everything is hilarious at that point so :shrug:

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

Its great if you're high as balls. I mean super high, like you just smoked $50 in weed high.

This would be a poo poo show to watch high. I'ts cut throat cynical and self depricating

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I think the only part that really suffers as you grow up is some of GIR's lolrandom humor, but that's by no means the whole show, idk.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Good news for Kevin McDonald

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
my favorite one is the one where Zim and Dib get injected with bologna DNA and turn into bologna

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Invader Zim was pretty awesome, but the episodes are way less consistent than I had remembered.

Still, Dark Harvest, and the Christmas episode.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Invader Zim is another show I can't admit to watching because of the fanbase

fat emo girls and Hot Topic ruined it

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
My ex girlfriend who had borderline personality disorder was real into this poo poo

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
DVD commentary for this thing is also shockingly good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I hope they do a crossover with the Arrested Development TV movie.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The school election episode is one of my favourites.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Hot Topic will make a pretty penny of this.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
New Promo stuff about this, I might be a little excited about this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC86IGdaWok
stop it at 0:50 or be prepared to get cancer

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
the venn diagram of people who watched this show and people who talked in circles about Donnie Darko is just a loving circle

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I blame samurai jack

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I am going to watch this despite my hatred for the show's fanbase and the realization that GIR's character stopped being funny about two episodes in.

I wonder if they're going to follow the recent comics and have it turn out that Dib was spending the last few years watching Zim's house from a computer and turning into a huge gross goon

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm for anything that gives Kids in the Hall's Kevin McDonald more work.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Jhonen Vasquez is adorable, and I have long since forgiven him for the role he played in the rise of monkeycheese
https://twitter.com/undefined/status/841968073670311936

https://twitter.com/undefined/status/849309006015455232

https://twitter.com/undefined/status/849455735629107202

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tQKqDhkWgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpxV1lRBp9I

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Yaaayyyyyy!! I'm gonna be sick!

First Samurai Jack comes back, now Invader Zim (kind of)... wonder what's next. Ren and Stimpy? Oh right, it already came back once and it was.

• Locked thread