Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I am going to watch this despite my hatred for the show's fanbase and the realization that GIR's character stopped being funny about two episodes in.

I wonder if they're going to follow the recent comics and have it turn out that Dib was spending the last few years watching Zim's house from a computer and turning into a huge gross goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

CelticPredator posted:

I like when they forgot to color in Membrane's legs, so it looks like he has no pants in the Christmas episode.

But one of the best sound gags in the show is when Gir comes home after this rave with all these girls, and he waves goodbye as they drive off, and you hear this HORRIFIC crash in the background.

The two things that need to come over from the original series is the crushing atmosphere of contempt the show has for everyone in it, and loads of unnecessary, disturbing ADR inserted into every scene.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
If anything the fact that its a kids show helps keeps the over-the-top edgy crap from JV's other works from seeping in while allowing for some bending/challenging of the standard, kinda like how the old Ren and Stimpy went down.

• Locked thread