Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Jhonen Vasquez is adorable, and I have long since forgiven him for the role he played in the rise of monkeycheese
https://twitter.com/undefined/status/841968073670311936

https://twitter.com/undefined/status/849309006015455232

https://twitter.com/undefined/status/849455735629107202

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

that weird scene where zim and dib are yelling across the road and zim can't hear and the reason is that they were supposed to animate cars but didn't want to because it was funnier not making any sense

in the same vein, there was an episode where they had had a walk cycle of the lower half of a security guard's body that was cut off too low for the background of the shot he was supposed to appear in, making him look gigantic, so they just put in giant footstep sound effects and a pitched-down laugh

Cubone
May 26, 2011

skeletonotherkin posted:

Invader Zim is in fact still good. If anything the first few issues of JTHM are more cringe worthy than any episode of Invader Zim.

I haven't read it in like 15 years but the issue where Johnny is barely in it might have been the best
it's just Devi Tess and that bald shitheadKrik escaping Johnny's impossibly large nightmare of a house as the "moose" in the walls is just fuckign annihilating everything. the doughboys' death scene and the reveal at the end that there's literally nothing left but the house blew my 12 year old mind. my first introduction to lovecraftian horror, too

(not sure if it's worth spoiling but just in case)

Cubone fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 7, 2017

Cubone
May 26, 2011

iirc I Feel Sick was more about just making peace with your damage

Devi is contrasted with Johnny because she doesn't buy into the delusion or whatever
her sole heroic quality by the end of it is realizing that, even if she'll never be happy, that doesn't mean she should be a huge malignant piece of poo poo about it

really, that's the lesson in all three series.
all the protagonists suffer, but where Squee rolls over and suffers more, and Johnny is the worst piece of poo poo in the universe and no better off for it, Devi takes no poo poo but does no harm, and has the closest thing to a happy ending

e: I'm a nerd, sorry.

• Locked thread