Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Zim was the sellout family-friendly thing Jhonen Vasquez produced, let me know when they're making Johnny the Homicidal Maniac or I Feel Sick into a tv movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Cubone posted:

iirc I Feel Sick was more about just making peace with your damage

Devi is contrasted with Johnny because she doesn't buy into the delusion or whatever
her sole heroic quality by the end of it is realizing that, even if she'll never be happy, that doesn't mean she should be a huge malignant piece of poo poo about it

really, that's the lesson in all three series.
all the protagonists suffer, but where Squee rolls over and suffers more, and Johnny is the worst piece of poo poo in the universe and no better off for it, Devi takes no poo poo but does no harm, and has the closest thing to a happy ending

e: I'm a nerd, sorry.

Youre right though

• Locked thread