Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Invader Zim is in fact still good. If anything the first few issues of JTHM are more cringe worthy than any episode of Invader Zim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Cubone posted:

I haven't read it in like 15 years but the issue where Johnny is barely in it might have been the best
it's just Devi and that bald shithead escaping Johnny's impossibly large nightmare of a house as the "moose" in the walls is just fuckign annihilating everything. the doughboys' death scene and the reveal at the end that there's literally nothing left but the house blew my 12 year old mind. my first introduction to lovecraftian horror, too

(not sure if it's worth spoiling but just in case)

Yeah JTHM got better once Jhonen realized he should hammer home the point that Johnny was in fact not cool, but rather an incredibly broken human being who is not to be emulated. Also the revelation that Nny's condition was at least partially due to malevolent supernatural causes helped. Sqee was his best comic.

skeletonotherkin fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 7, 2017

• Locked thread