Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FalseParadigm

Chew, chew, chew. That is the thing to do.
It's been years since I've read the forums, and even longer since I've posted regularly. I know things were getting weird around SA for a while there and maybe that was part of why I stopped, but honestly the rest of the web is loving terrifying and I needed to come home to mommy Lowtax. The internet today is a far cry from the usenet forums I grew up on and the SA community I spent the majority of formative years reading. I'm an old man now, and seeing what has become of the general web landscape has broken my heart.

I barely knew anyone on SA when I was a "regular" and I have the feeling I'll recognize fewer names now, but I know the love is still here. Please tell me the love is still here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

hello falseparadigm, I guarantee the love is still here, in byob :glomp:

nice av btw

so what have you been up to while you've been away?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FalseParadigm

City of Glompton posted:

hello falseparadigm, I guarantee the love is still here, in byob :glomp:
:3:

quote:

so what have you been up to while you've been away?
Some good things, but mostly bad. Seeking out the good things.

That said, got a hair cut and some bitchin :taco::taco: today.

Fuck My Ass
byob owns. and will always owns both ironically and unironically welcome back

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

FactsAreUseless

More like FailsParadigm that's right u just got trolled by a freaking ADMIN welcome to Something Awful bitch!!!!

Goons Are Gifts

hello falseparadigm how was your time without the forums? better or worse?

cda

by Hand Knit

FalseParadigm posted:

It's been years since I've read the forums, and even longer since I've posted regularly. I know things were getting weird around SA for a while there and maybe that was part of why I stopped, but honestly the rest of the web is loving terrifying and I needed to come home to mommy Lowtax. The internet today is a far cry from the usenet forums I grew up on and the SA community I spent the majority of formative years reading. I'm an old man now, and seeing what has become of the general web landscape has broken my heart.

I barely knew anyone on SA when I was a "regular" and I have the feeling I'll recognize fewer names now, but I know the love is still here. Please tell me the love is still here.

BYOB is the only non-heartbreaking place left on the internet. Please pull up a chair and get comfortable, friend.

FalseParadigm

FactsAreUseless posted:

More like FailsParadigm that's right u just got trolled by a freaking ADMIN welcome to Something Awful bitch!!!!
That's why I'm back.

Nobnob posted:

hello falseparadigm how was your time without the forums? better or worse?
Worse. Immeasurably worse.

Macnult

I don't know you but I like your av and I'm glad you're back and hope you live a life of happiness

FalseParadigm

Macnult posted:

I don't know you but I like your av and I'm glad you're back and hope you live a life of happiness
Thanks!

This av was bestowed upon me by a great BYOB poster and artist back in 2012. As far as I know, this is their original work, but I don't remember who it was :(

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I think the love is still here

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Darkman Fanpage

FactsAreUseless posted:

i was told this was a troll-free forum. but here i find one of the people in charge of it is trolling the heck out of folks! :sigh:

Arrhythmia

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i was told this was a troll-free forum.

that, too, was a troll

SulfurMonoxideCute

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Add me to the moose av fan club!

Fuck My Ass

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fuck My Ass

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i was told this was a troll-free forum. but here i find one of the people in charge of it is trolling the heck out of folks! :sigh:

I think a little light ribbing(like Factsareuseless post) from time to time isn't bad; and maybe even good. I mean this is an Internet COMEDY forum. Its like that group of friends that pick on you because they're your friends.

Its all in good fun at the end of the day, and not legitimate trolling.

FalseParadigm

Picnic Princess posted:

Add me to the moose av fan club!
Added

Tik Tok Tommy

cda posted:

BYOB is the only non-heartbreaking place left on the internet. Please pull up a chair and get comfortable, friend.

How come nobody says "qft" anymore? Did I miss something? :ohdear:

Zeluth

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaRm9j8SQI

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit

mademoiselle posted:

How come nobody says "qft" anymore? Did I miss something? :ohdear:

We just emptyquote for truth, but qft could make a nice little comeback, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif

FAQsAreUseless

• Locked thread