Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"The Myth of Sisyphus" was also the name of Season 2, Episode 3, just to make it more blatant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

AbstractNapper posted:

I feel like they are doing the not finishing their sentences thing, a lot more often this time around.

"Well here in Minnesota that's just kinda how we ... y'know ..."

*squints off into distance, never makes eye contact and keeps body turned away at a 45 degree angle at all times*

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That's literally the entire premise of this show, though. Every season is going to be about that. It's like watching Star Trek and going "this premise is wearing thin, when are they going to do other stuff besides be in space?"

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

People were struggling with Minnesota geography in the season two thread, so I figured this would help:

St. Cloud is (I'm pretty sure) where Ray and Nikki are based out of. It's a medium-sized middle-class university city.
Eden Prairie is where Emmit's house is. It's a rich suburb of the Twin Cities. It's not in Michelle Bachman's district, but it's full of the same kind of people who kept sending her to Congress.
Eden Valley is where Gloria is a police officer in. It's a town of a little over 1,000 and is exactly the kind of town Lake Woebegone is based off of.
Fargo is way off to the north-west, and it remains to be seen how it will be involved this season.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah season two was all about extreme southwestern Minnesota.

Of course, keep in mind that the show is actually filmed in Alberta, but it still is a pretty accurate depiction of western Minnesota in winter time. My mom grew up in the area of Eden Valley and we'd drive out there every winter for Christmas with her family. It's a flat, frozen hellscape of barren corn fields as far as the eye can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

anime was right posted:

i genuinely liked that episode even though it seems completely insular. it feels like they were an ep short in the season and just threw in a fun short story.

As soon as I saw The Most Useless Machine, I knew that the LA trip was going to be pointless and futile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z86V_ICUCD4

The trip was a waste, but the episode was really good.

• Locked thread