Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
I'm sure this episode would be fine if binge watching the whole season. But that was a let down.

It was an interesting background story, well done and entertaining.

But it just seemed like they were trying to fill time, for an entire episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
I feel it's intentionally ambiguous if Varga was part of a larger organization or not. My opinion went back and forth on the matter a few times as we were shown more of Varga's operation.

At the beginning Varga wanted to give the impression he was just a cog in the machine of a giant criminal enterprise(Narwhal), he worked hard at giving off this impression to basically all of the other characters he interacted with.

There was no reason to doubt that he was just a cog until we were shown that Varga lived in and operated out of the super hacker truck. When that was revealed I thought, "Holy poo poo, the whole operation is just Varga, the Chinamen(preferred nomenclature) and the Russian?"

Varga does have some high up government officials working with him, most likely blackmailed and or bribed by Varga into doing so. But that's not evidence on it's own of a higher boss and organization over Varga.

By the end of the season my final impression is that Varga and his 2 Capo's were formerly part of large organized international criminal organizations but had then branched out to work for themselves to specialize in these "leveraged" buy outs.

P.S. People are trolling about not knowing if Maruice killed the first Stussy right?

• Locked thread