Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

whalesteak posted:

Ermantraut? Better Call Saul crossover?
possibly a cute nod at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do you guys think we'll see the Germans again or was that this show's equivalent of the opening to A Serious Man?

stussy is a swiss/german name

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i can help

i genuinely liked that episode even though it seems completely insular. it feels like they were an ep short in the season and just threw in a fun short story.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
vargas is going to shut down the internet or the power or something crazy

he doesnt want a cash rich company because of criminal reasons, he wants to make stussy rich as hell in bullshit computer numbers so that when his proposed revolution comes, vargas is the only person with Actual Money.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 11, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also vargas has a pulse on info via electronic stuff and there's some old fashioned no nonsense paperwork policing being done so thats probably going to be his undoing

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ehud posted:

I am dying to see where they go with this, "Gloria cannot be recognized by automatic sensors." stuff. Maybe it never resolves and it's just a quirky thing they threw in, or maybe she's actually BEEN DEAD THE WHOLE TIME.

security camera doesnt pick her up would be hysterical lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
was that meemo's first line all season?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Kurtofan posted:

what did he do in that cup?

he made a drink for his good friend donald trump

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Accretionist posted:

Real Talk: Given the pitch about, "On paper, you'll be billionaires," I probably would've been all in.

that paper? the false books for the irs

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Nooooooo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Oh that guy. Cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

WhiteHowler posted:

I'm having more issues with suspension of disbelief this season than I did with anything is season 2.

The AV Club review brought up the point of Chief Moe only existing to be an rear end in a top hat, and that regardless of whether he serves that purpose, he's really loving grating to watch. I totally agree with that. He seems unrealistic in a universe where weird, quirky characters are the norm.

I'm still enjoying the show, just wish the writers had chosen some different paths for certain characters.

they could have easily made him more balanced in with a couple of five second clips too, its not really that hard. he's just so one-dimensional and one-dimensional characters with that much screen time need an interesting quirk at the very least.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Harminoff posted:

He was supposed​ to be the cop but scheduling conflicts stopped that.

And yeah Moe to me seems like a sitcom character which is really weird and not enjoyable.

oh that explains everything about that character, then.

Harminoff posted:

Not the main cop, the husky one that was in this last episode.

i take it back!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
meemo is the best

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
time to post a bad theory because tviv is a bad forum and im trash:

the story begins as a case of mistaken identity

the story is about peter and the wolf

ray is the cat, not the duck

"If you listen very carefully, you'll hear the duck quacking inside the wolf's belly, because the wolf in his hurry had swallowed her alive."

the real wolf is emmit?? maybe??

idk nevermind this theory is dumb

anime was right fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 8, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
aww, that hug

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i feel like gloria will play a single important role in the next episode.

she can help.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Shouldnt Mr. Wrench be really old in this show?

first season is 2006, this one is 2010

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's the poo poo Nikki and Numbers stole -- their entire deal this episode was a feint. It's why they Numbers left Meemo alive, and Nikki was so open about their play. They're luring Vargas into a false sense of security.

idk i think varga wants emmit to take the fall for them. hes going to be a billionaire in numbers but varga walks away with all the cash.

i get a really weird feeling like the villain is supposed to win in this season.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Nooo, meemo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
What

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i thought the final scene was fine, it was more the stuff leading up to it that didnt work to me, overall i thought the season was pretty cool though

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im still sad meemo died

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
vargas senseless consumption got dozens of people murdered

seems straightforward to me lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Medullah posted:

Was there some significance to the desert in the fridge? They focused on it for a bit there, I'm trying to think if Varga ate that at one point, so it would symbolize that Emmit accepted what happened and had no more guilt.

Or maybe it was just a dessert.

i want to go back and watch it but considering it was jello it may have been jiggling, indicating that there was someone behind him. idk tho.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wafflecopper posted:

What the actual gently caress? No wonder America is so overweight if that's what you call a loving salad

its the most american thing possible, dude invents a lovely factory designed dessert, starts distributing cookbooks, then sponsors recipes that arent desserts to gain more marketshare; the 'perfect salad' is the result of pure, forced marketing. and america ate it up.

blame utah.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Accretionist posted:

It's a weird hold over from the 1960s when cookbooks went insane.

To wit:

liver pâté en masque:

It's liver-green bean purée with pepper-gelatin glaze, served chilled.

oh no, it is far, far older than the 60s my friend

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Kurtofan posted:

did varga teleport at the end and in the elevator?

he climbed out of the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Krispy Kareem posted:

Without going back and rewatching the episode...why did Paul meet up with Gloria?

He gave Nikki an assignment and saved her to fight another day. But what purpose did talking with Gloria do except to generate fan speculation?

i think it was to make it clear he was otherworldly in some form and thats it idk the writing this season was a mess

• Locked thread