Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1976/chevrolet/corvette/100856741
Here's a rust free 76 Corvette that looks to be in much better condition than the one in the show with less than 50k miles. And I think he's dreaming at asking for 10k. Ray's blew out a bunch of black smoke when he drove away so I'm sure the engine is in horrible condition too.

They handled poorly and had zero power even when new so they're not desirable at all. The valet before him dropped off a new Bentley so it's a...pretty big step down. He'd be lucky to get a few thousand for it. It's the kinda car you donate to your local classical radio station for a tax break because selling it would be such a pain for so little money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I used to work at video store in a small town with zero crime. There were rumors about the Ukrainian guys that came in regularly, really intimidating and had a way of staring at you and waiting for you to speak... they also had ridiculously attractive girlfriends. Anyways there were a ton of rumors about them doing something related to organized crime and some of my friends that sort of had their ear to the ground and knew a most of the community practically confirmed it.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is that it's not that much of a stretch for me to believe that an organized crime syndicate could use a smaller community to wash money or whatever they're doing.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

But Varga's goon was in the motel room with piano wire before the cops came. And then he left before the cops came. I guess his headphones had police dispatch (or a call from someone with police connections) and he decided he didn't want to be there when the cops came?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

You're probably right. My memory is hazy for that episode.

• Locked thread