Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I get that it's a nod to the movie but hate that stupid fuckin' "THIS IS A TRUE STORY..." set of cards in the intro because it's complete bullshit, but I can't wait for this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ray looks like my mind's eye's portrayal of an older, cleaned up after rehab Pickles from Dethklok.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Her big tournament is a Bridge tournament. :tviv:

E- "Geahd drat been-go!"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What the hell is this music?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

He's also Ray's brother, who vaguely looks like Philip from The Americans.

Klungar posted:

Runner Up = 2nd Place
2nd Runner Up = 3rd Place
3rd Runner Up = 4th Place

Whatever that late '90s movie was about the small town beauty queens with Kirsten Dunst and Denise Richards hit on this, too: "I got 2nd Runner Up! I finished second!" "No, hun, that's third."

I don't know why the hell I remember that, but that movie was also very Midwestern, complete with accents.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:barf:

Also, way to be discreet, Nikki.

I love that Ray looks like a bad Phillip Jennings disguise.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 27, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is this Brick Top from Snatch? Sure sounds like him.

e- No.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 27, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Oh, are you guys goin' fer Arby's?" :dance:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Pretty girls should only open their mouths when they see a dick."

"Which one of you is the dick?"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Well, Nikki made it to the next episode, but Ray...not so.

And drat, the bruises will line up with Varga's story of what "happened".

Numberwang posted:

I think they made the mistake of making almost every character a bit too quirky or cartoony. Because of this even the most brutal scenes lack a real sense of dread.

I agree except for the fact I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen at the end of the last episode and felt the tension. I was actually surprised to see her get up.

The "couple on the run" the last two seasons have both been overambitious morons, one of whom ends up dying as a result.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Every season of this show has had a disrespected/underappreciated cop, hasn't it? I know at least two of the three have had a bumbling couple in which at least one dies.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's probably because I've split my interest this season between Fargo and the NHL on Wednesdays, but I'm so lost when it comes to Gloria and the Eden Valley PD. She's the Chief of Eden Valley PD, but also has a new chief to report to or something and, even though the St. Cloud cop has no jurisdiction, he'll either "send her home to grieve and Merry Christmas with the family or start her finding a new job".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I got caught up in basketball and missed the first half. :smith:

The story about the Japanese soldier who manned his post for ~30 years after the war ended is true, in case you wondered, and is mind-blowing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I like this show but I'm getting tired of "half the people in Minnesota are retards ("Hey, I think he pooped a little!")", "renegade couple", and "sympathetic main character cop is oppressed by shithead egotrip cop causing them to have to work harder to prove they're right" plot points/devices.

In spite of that, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Carrie Coon are brilliant in this. Varga's actor is awesome at what he does, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Varga makes me want to go watch Snatch right now because he reminds me so much of Brick Top.

Other than that, I'm completely underwhelmed. This show is so far up its own rear end with its long, drawn-out credit sequences and "This is a true story..." crap and deep messages or whatever the gently caress that finish was supposed to be.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 22, 2017

• Locked thread