Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
good to see this show continuing its streak of having a completely awesome soundtrack. running out of fingers to count the number of awesome songs this program has introduced to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the bulimia thing isn't just a character flaw. Vargas is from everywhere and nowhere, speaks all languages, is constantly traveling from city to city. his only reason for being is to make so much money he can disappear so no one can get in the way of his making money. he consumes massive amounts and then he throws it all up so he can do it again. he's an avatar of globalized capitalism.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I agree that the music is extremely great. here's an interview with the person responsible for picking out songs to license. it's from season 2 but still interesting.

http://www.avclub.com/article/music-supervisors-treasure-hunt-found-70s-tunes-fa-229845

going to put together a list of all the old vinyl I'm gonna try to buy because of this show. so much great poo poo.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
well, one of them was gonna get it. maybe both before we're done.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Malvo was pretty unstoppable up until the bear trap.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Odenkirk in season one had the characteristic of being too nice to be a cop. he always gives his buddy the benefit of the doubt, he adopts war orphans. that was at least a trait, unlike this new guy who just acts like an dumbass for no apparent reason. other than he's the new chief (or is he) and it's his way or the highway.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Gloria may well end up accomplishing nothing. they've certainly been telegraphing it all season long. it's a misdirect. you assume the lady cop is the hero like the film or season one, but she isn't. you assume that the two identical brothers thing is going lead up to something climactic, but one of them is accidentally killed half way through the run. they've been leading us on and then pulling the rug out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

NetflixAndRichHill posted:

I don't recall Nikki having anything to do with Ray hiring Maurice to steal the stamp back.

yeah, Ray did it and then the guy hired showed up out of nowhere while the couple were taking a bath together. Nikki had no idea what was going on.

• Locked thread